Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I go out into the boonies to get in a little shooting I tend to really enjoy a good quality stogie while relaxing during the down time. I seem to like the Arturo Fuente varieties the best, but I always keep a Swisher or two in the range bag just as punishment in case I forget the good ones. For those who like them, what is your stogie of choice? I'm always up for a good cigar suggestion.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,409 Posts
One of the benefits of not living in the US is that we get access to Cuban cigars. I have dabbled in other countries (Hondurans, Dominicans), but nothing seems to come close to a good Cuban.

My all time favourite cigar is a Partagas Serie D #4.

Second favourite would be Sancho Panza Belicosos. It used to be Bolivar Belicosos finos, but I had one too many bad ones, and that put me off them.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,087 Posts
Whenever I go out into the boonies to get in a little shooting I tend to really enjoy a good quality stogie while relaxing during the down time. I seem to like the Arturo Fuente varieties the best, but I always keep a Swisher or two in the range bag just as punishment in case I forget the good ones. For those who like them, what is your stogie of choice? I'm always up for a good cigar suggestion.
\

Just keep them away from either of the Clinton's or they'll confiscate those too!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
786 Posts
La Gloria Cubana used to be my favorite but now it's the AF Sungrown in a 48 ring gauge and dark maduro wrapper grown right here in Northern Connecticut. While Cuban cigars still have a "mystique" about them, they are no longer that good, imho. The cigars made with the Connecticut broadleaf or shade tobacco combined with good fillers is my choice.

Just as an aside, what do you think about the proposed $10 tax on each cigar being proposed?? It was floated a few months ago and hasn't gone away. Imagine that. They would literally put the entire industry out of business with the swoop of a pen. If it does actually go through, I'll be growing my own for sure!

Rome

·
Registered
957 Posts
I prefer Montecristo or Arturo Fuente.

Smoke the occasional cigar - About once a month. Smoked a nice Cohiba yesterday out Salmon fishing!

Image attached...

Tiledude

G

·
0 Posts
I like my Cohibas, especially the Cohiba Blacks. I have to be in the mood for them but they go really well with some good brandy,burbon or Grand Marnier. The Pequenos(sp) are really nice for a short smoke. I REALLY like the cuban Cohibas when we go out of the country and I can pick a few up. If you haven't tried them try the Rocky Patels' are really nice. The Edge is a nice rich Maduro. The Vintage 1990 and 1992 are nice cigars as well. The also have the Sungrown which is a Connecticut wrapper. The Rocky Patels are some of the best cigars for the money right now. You can get the 1990 and 1992 seconds from either Thompsons or CI really cheap. Romeo Julieta Cedero Deluxe 1 & 2 and their Millenium are on the list too. And then there is the Camachos and ... It can be a long list sometimes.

Jim

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
...Looks like we got invaded again with what some other site doesn't want.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
C'mon DD sit back and enjoy a Parodi or two!

.....I'd sooner bore a hole through my tongue with a skill saw. Less damage that way. Me and my pals used to buy and smoke 'em in high school, they were cheap, I think 25 cents a 5 pack. Oh they were nasty, oh they were strong, oh they were cheap. Now it's Honduran cigars for me, until Cuba is free. Lots of folks have given me cigars they claimed and thought were Cubans, but most weren't. Those that were, well, OH BOY ! They really are more flavorfull and earthy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
One of the benefits of not living in the US is that we get access to Cuban cigars. I have dabbled in other countries (Hondurans, Dominicans), but nothing seems to come close to a good Cuban.

My all time favourite cigar is a Partagas Serie D #4.

Second favourite would be Sancho Panza Belicosos. It used to be Bolivar Belicosos finos, but I had one too many bad ones, and that put me off them.
I went to buy one in Australia and they were 20 plus Oz dollars a Cigar :eek:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Caerlonie,

In the U.S. at college I would smoke Ashton Cabinet series cigars for like 12 bucks a pop when I could afford it. I figured I'd get a Cuban in OZ....HOLY COW.

Banning through price, kind of like handgun ownership in NYC!

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts