~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,377 Posts
Ted, Your signature should be more like this:
Previous Gunboards Posts: More Than Anyone
It's directed specifically at whoever happens to be reading it at the time, some more specifically than others. I think the direct and pointed "you" gets that across better than the general and ambiguous "anyone". :cool:

The point of the message is that there's always someone that's done more or better than each of us in most areas of our lives and we shouldn't be caught up in comparing ourselves to others, but focus on making our own contributions as valuable as possible.

In other words, I'm trying to not focus the attention on myself by directly stating that I had the most posts on the last incarnation of Gunboards, but to get the reader to focus on his own contributions to Gunboards, regardless of their own past, present, or future post count.

Pretty profound, huh? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Spetznatz, what Ted wrote is not profound, it is utter crap.

His new tagline is directed at me ... it is just the newest piece of his ongoing mean-spirited, bully-mentality, stalking program directed at me ...

... which is why I have not responded to any of his posts in a long time.

BUT, since the management/ownership of this site apparently condones such behavior from one of their official representatives towards a peaceful board member, it is something that I must simply accept to continue my peaceful participation on Gunboards. <shrug>

·
Diamond Member
6,950 Posts
Dave, thanks for the heads-up...I have been waiting for this one for a long time. What a great movie! I always like the theater version better than the dircectors cut. This movie is almost as good as Roadhouse!!! Denny

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
A very tough original to improve upon, hope they don't screw it up.

·
Diamond Member
6,950 Posts
looks like they are releasing 3 to 4 versions depending on whic box set you get. I know what I'm getting for Christmas. Denny

·
Gold Bullet member
335 Posts
Dave, thanks for the heads-up...I have been waiting for this one for a long time. What a great movie! I always like the theater version better than the dircectors cut. This movie is almost as good as Roadhouse!!! Denny
Agreed. This is the version I'm hoping to get. Or the closest to it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
From what I've read this version is more "original" than the "original".
actually, there will be 5 movies in the "briefcase" set.
#1: the working title version, only showed 2 times.

#2: the "original" U.S. theatrical release.

#3: the "international" unrated 1987 release.

#4: the "second" working title that was only shown in sandiego in 1991.
sold as the directors cut on the 1992 dvd.

#5: the "new" remastered original U.S. version with the deleted sceens restored.

and a couple of discs for the "making of" and special effects stuff.

i have the original 1987 VHS copy of the international unrated version.

Dave

G

·
Cool.

Thanks, David. I saw Blade Runner at a cinema in Montclair, CA, in the summer of 1982. I was 16 years old, and I was completely mesmerized by Ridley Scott's dystopian vision of the future.

Fast forward 25 years, and I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen it since. I lost count after the 40th time, but the film hasn't lost its power over me. It remains my all-time favorite.

Thanks for posting this, I sincerely appreciate it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts