Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted so see if there are any other members from MN here. i only know of one, and have a K98 rifle he restored.

i live ten mintes south of St Paul.

my C&R collection- 1939 "243" K98- 1953 H&R garand, 1954 Russian SKS tula, 1944 M44 Mosin Nagant

others- a couple AR15s, springfield M1A / Leupold VXIII 3-9X40 scope and other goodies that holds 1/2"-5/8" groups, a couple 870's and some handguns.

so, any other Minnesota members here?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am in Anoka. I'm not a rabid k98 collector, but have one all matching k98, a byf44 L block. The collection is coming together with one of every major type of firearm used by the Germans instead of focussing on just one type. So far, there's an MG-42, MP-40, k43, and Luger, and soon the MP-44 will be added, all C&R and working. Can't afford any more, but it's a well rounded collection with lots of shooting fun and collecting satisfaction. Feel free to stop by for a visit. Always looking to chat with other collectors. PM me.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Oh yaaaah, you betcha! I was born in Minnesooooota way back then and moved away yah. Then I moved to Arizona and like all good Minnesooootans I only drive in the left lane ten miles below the speed limit with the right turn signal on no matter what. Okey dokey, Yah:D

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
took a day or two for this thread to get some attention!

DARIVS must have forgotton who i was by my screen name, i have met him a few times and been to his home to view his impressive collection. hes a great guy to know in the collector field.

anyways, always good to know who the locals are, "yah know eh? "

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Other then the gun shows and the internet, where do you guys go to find your guns locally?
i havent bought any new firearms in a long time, always find better deals buying from people.

but, i always liked "sportsmans warehouse" ( **** rapids or woodbury ) and "the gunstop" is a great place too, in minnetonka i think.

i live in inver grove heights.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was born and lived in Grand Rapids and Bigfork MN before I joined the Army. All my family still lives there. I would retire there but the State will tax the hell out of my retirement pay from the Army. I might stay in KS because military retirement is tax free here.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I live in southeastern Minnesota. Between Hastings and Red Wing. I do collect Japanese WWII militaria, German WWII Mauser 98Ks and related militaria, I also plan to reenact with a locally based German unit from Ft. Snelling.

Best Regards,
-zfox44

·
Registered
485 Posts
frogbert

live in st. cloud mn. yep i'm a gun nut working on rebuilding a standard arms co. model G rifle. the first semi-auto rifle built and sold in the usa. anyone know where i can find parts? looked at the bigger gun parts companies.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
live in st. cloud mn. yep i'm a gun nut working on rebuilding a standard arms co. model G rifle. the first semi-auto rifle built and sold in the usa. anyone know where i can find parts? looked at the bigger gun parts companies.
Wow! A Standard Arms? I've only seen one in my life. I used to work at gunshop called Mandalls Shooting Supplies in Scottsdale, AZ (long outa business) and they had one. If I think of anybody who has parts I'll let you know. Jeez, couldn't you have picked an easier rebuild like a Mondragon, Federov Avtomat, or a Pederson Device?;) Anyway I wish you the best of luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.