Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out in the man cave about an hour ago just turning the combo dial on my gun safe when the ground started moving. I ran outside and the wife met me half way from the house. Shook for about 25 seconds. Son works at the grocery store and he just texted me a pic of all the groceries strewn all over the floor. No aparent damage at my house.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
According to my radio news, it was a 6.9 at the epicenter down south in coastal Mexico.

Gonna be a wee tad less in S.D..

·
Registered
510 Posts
The wife and I live in Huntington Beach, CA, about a hundred and fifty miles NNW of the epicenter. She dropped to the floor, pointing to a swaying lamp. Me.....I thought I was simply feeling the effects of too much wine. The strong swaying lasted about 40 seconds. Nothing to cry about for me, but the wife was terrified. Most Los Angeles TV stations have, by the way, upgraded the magnitude to a 7.2!!

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,462 Posts
Yeah it moved pretty good for me up in the San Gabriel valley. Lasted about 25 seconds. The water in my pool was sloshing around. My two dogs noticed it but didn't bark as they do when it's a local quake. Due to the distance it was more of a rolling motion as compared to some of the closer ones which are more jarring.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,672 Posts
Somewhere a politician told the truth and it was more than the tectonic plates could take.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Somewhere a politician told the truth and it was more than the tectonic plates could take.
That's more of a 'Universe implodes' response than just an earthquake.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I was talking to my dad last night about the Bible Code & I told him "we know its real if we have the predicted earthquake in LA in 2010" He was stunned when he called me earlier today. I hope the "Comet 2012, Earth anniliated" or "2012, Nuclear Holocaust" one isn't true.........

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,774 Posts
Glad it was not so bad. I frankly prefer the punch you can brace for in a hurricane in my neck of the woods to the sucker punch y'all get over there.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Got the full deal here in the new place in Lakeside. Went running outside after the first 5 seconds when it got worse. Not bad at all, really. Though it was the strongest I've felt since I've been in SD. Good times.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.