Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't think they made "303-caliber Mosin-Nagant rifles." You learn something new everyday reading the press :p

Regardless, what an idiot. Guys like these give Mosin Nagants a bad rep.

----------

Road rage incident leads to arrest of two in city

A Dickson City man and a teenage girl are facing charges after an alleged road rage incident in which a driver was threatened with a Russian rifle Wednesday afternoon.

Nicholas Carcione Jr., 21, of 1306 Dundaff St., was charged with terroristic threats and disorderly conduct while the 16-year-old driver of the car he was a passenger in was charged with disorderly conduct, Scranton police Lt. Marty Crofton said.

Police say Mary Clare Welby, 46, of Scranton, was driving south on the Morgan Highway near Keyser Avenue when a black 2002 Ford Explorer abruptly passed her car. Mr. Carcione allegedly stuck a 303-caliber Mosin-Nagant rifle out of the sport utility vehicle's window and pointed it at Ms. Welby.

Following a 911 call at about 5:15 p.m., Mr. Carcione and the teenager were located and taken into custody at North Main Avenue and West Market Street, Lt. Crofton said. A rifle was found in the vehicle, in plain view, Lt. Crofton said.

Mr. Carcione was arraigned and taken to Lackawanna County Prison. Bail information was not immediately available Wednesday night.

Source: http://www.thetimes-tribune.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18905487&BRD=2185&PAG=461&dept_id=416046&rfi=6

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
We should run right out and buy a couple of those .303 caliber Mosin Nagant Rifles. They may be worth a lot of money because of this free publicity from Lt. Marty Crofton the town idiot.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
We should run right out and buy a couple of those .303 caliber Mosin Nagant Rifles. They may be worth a lot of money because of this free publicity from Lt. Marty Crofton the town idiot.
WHAT are you talking about? Road rage is a serious issue! The only idiots in this story were rightfully locked up by the local police. It does not matter whether the local press or police got the caliber correct; the issue is the fools POINTING A RIFLE at another motorist.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
An argument could be made that some Mosins are ".303 caliber". (Caliber refers to bore size, not cartridge type.) Someone has a very good eye! :eek: I have a SVT 40 that shoots .303 British. DDR

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
DDR, those Globco's don't count do they????????

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Not really! Just trying to make an obscure point - looking for an element of truth whereever I can find it. I have used some 0.311" to 0.313" projos in reloading for some Mosins. I'm reasonably certain (about 110%) that the law enforcement and/or press person made an uninformed statement out of near total ignorance of firearms and their calibers and cartridges. Sometimes even dummies can accidentally swerve into a truth. DDR

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
WHAT are you talking about? Road rage is a serious issue! The only idiots in this story were rightfully locked up by the local police. It does not matter whether the local press or police got the caliber correct; the issue is the fools POINTING A RIFLE at another motorist.
You are correct that road rage is a serious issue and you are also correct that the kid who pointed the rifle at the person is an idiot.

In my opinion the Police and the media are also idiots. I don't believe that I ever condoned what that kid did. Did I? No. I simply stated my opinion on the story.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts