Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't know where else to put this. A guy came in to the show, with this strange looking device. My thought was, a movie, or stage spot-light. In the bottom of the "barrel", is a flashlight bulb, with reflective backing. The "dial" on the barrel is calibrated. It may have had lenses to adjust the light beam. He said it was used by the OSS to signal planes, for supply drops in enemy territory. The only marking I saw, was a capital letter "C". Batteries were stored in the stock. Wood and aluminum construction, with the "dial" being brass. Anybody ever seen, or heard of such?

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
12,866 Posts
T-W:

I have a folder of photos and information relating to these "signal lamp" guns and I know I have some material on the example you just acquired. I'm on my iPad right now but when I get a chance on my desktop computer I'll see what I can find and post for you.

My favorite of the genera is the WWII US M227 Signal Lamp with the removable wire stock carried by paratroopers and Pathfinders. I have a couple complete with the carrying cases and all the accessories and they are big time cool!

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Richard. Unfortunately, it's not mine. The guy just let me take pictures. I couldn't afford it, as I needed all my body parts to drive home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.