Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to add a all original PU to my collection. I just cant put on spending $800 for the rifle, $25-35 for shipping. Then $45 buck for the transefer fee. Anyone ever see them anywhere cheaper? Anyone ever see people selling them on here? Are they really worth the money? Thanks guys

·
Copper Bullet member
4,063 Posts
Rob, the best place for you to look is gun shows. Head down here to Tulsa some time and you'll find a few relatively decent priced originals ($750ish range). For the most part, though, don't expect many of them under $800.

·
Gold Bullet member
14,176 Posts
Unless you know exactly what you are looking at, or have a person with you who does, or can post it here first, best and safest option is to buy one on the trader or from RGuns. If you get one for 600 and it turns out to be a fake, repro, restoration, etc. exactly how much have you saved? A Tula, originally $900 from Rguns, recently sold on the trader for $700. Just keep you eyes open.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Well you know you could buy a samco pu and re scope it.I did one recently with all original parts for around $670.And really Samco PUs are are about as good as it gets for trigger pull and smooth bolt function.And if your handy at doing this sort of thing you can save some good bucks !

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well you know you could buy a samco pu and re scope it.I did one recently with all original parts for around $670.And really Samco PUs are are about as good as it gets for trigger pull and smooth bolt function.And if your handy at doing this sort of thing you can save some good bucks !
aren't the RGuns one's all matching and all original though? Be hard to do that with a built one.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
The Rguns rifles are generally refurbed, the Samco ones are not. So the Samco rifle is itself more original. However, the Rguns rifles generally have the scope somehow matched to the rifle. You can't get that with a Samco rifle. Also the Samco rifles generally have mismatched bolts I think.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
There are some Samco rifles that are matching.Others have matching bolts and others that are completely miss matching.As stated the scope thats added will never match.But nice ones re scoped right sure are one heck of a PU sniper at a very reasonable price.

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are some Samco rifles that are matching.Others have matching bolts and others that are completely miss matching.As stated the scope thats added will never match.But nice ones re scoped right sure are one heck of a PU sniper at a very reasonable price.
So your saying if i take a ex-sniper and re-sniper it with original parts, it will be worth as much as a rguns sniper?

·
Registered
20,639 Posts
So your saying if i take a ex-sniper and re-sniper it with original parts, it will be worth as much as a rguns sniper?
No, you do that and you have a restored sniper and that will never be as valuable as a legit matching sniper from R Guns on the collector scale of value.

Like the man said: you gotta pay to pay for a real sniper with matching scope.

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, you do that and you have a restored sniper and that will never be as valuable as a legit matching sniper from R Guns on the collector scale of value.

Like the man said: you gotta pay to pay for a real sniper with matching scope.
So then you are saying that all of the rguns snipers are 100% matching and original?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
So then you are saying that all of the rguns snipers are 100% matching and original?
No, Rguns snipers are refurbs. They are not in the condition they left the factory in in 1943 or 1944. But they are genuine complete PU setups as they left Russian service. The scope, mount, bolt, and rifle were together in service. If a Samco rifle is put together with original parts it will always be a rifle put together stateside, period.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.