Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up in the Trader right before the Christmas and USPS finally delivered it today!

It’s an original matching 1937 Tula M91/30, which has been something I’ve been on the look out for.

The stock is properly proofed and has the original finish. Lots of littler proofs stamped throughout it that I didn’t get photos of. All the small parts minus the cleaning rod are Tula proofed. The rod is a post war refurb stamped one, so hopefully I can find an original Tula made example at some point. If anyone has one they’d part with, let me know.

All the serial numbers are also the proper font and Tula proofed.

There is no import mark on this one, and the only evidence of non Soviet use is the 5 dot punch mark on the barrel, which I’ve seen mostly on Spanish Civil War rifles. Given the date I’d wager that’s where this one came from.

Very happy I managed to grab this one!

Spoke Iron Metal Rim Circle
Cylinder Metal Material property Steel Pipe
Water feature Silver Steel Still life photography Waterfall
Metal Grey Musical instrument accessory Iron Steel
Iron Close-up Metal Steel Rust
Wood Hardwood Wood stain Plywood Wood flooring
Brown Wood Iron Metal Grass family
Wood Shotgun Natural material Rust Blade
Brown Iron Metal Tan Material property

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you everyone. I'm very happy with this purchase! Turns out the cleaning rod retainer is gunked up really badly. I might try to blow some of it out with compressed air, but otherwise I'll just leave well enough alone. Anyone had any luck with that?

This is awesome. Love the look of original stamped parts.

Side note - what camera are you using? I have access to my iPhone (new model) and Canon camera but can never seem to get clear photos
StanMan01,

Honestly it's just my iPhone that I use. I don't even know what model it is. I think an 11? Haha! It's pretty good about auto adjusting, as long as the photos are taken outside in nice, overcast weather.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys. The proofs are indeed really well struck. I have a couple other SCW rifles with that level of detail in the stock proofs, but both are bolt mismatches as the vast majority appear to be.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.