Gunboards Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Got the stock back on its original action - it fits like a glove. I will take some pics when I get a moment later this week and share them. Sure feels good to reverse bubba's project. :)

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Congrats to you guys on the whole deal, but there's something I want to know...
What part of the country was the stock bought from, and where was the HT bought from, and how long ago?
Anywhere in close proximity? If the rifle was taken apart long ago, it's very doubtful that the stock would have survived loose.

·
Registered
152 Posts
For those who may be interested in the story, I just spoke on the phone with the owner of the small gunshop in IL which had received the stock on consignment from the owner of the local auto parts store. The consignor found the stock 30 years ago in the closet of an house he had purchased south of Chicago. He didn't know what it was exactly, but carried it around all these years because of the German proof marks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would have held you for RANSOME! Give ME the rifle! lol, just kidding, this is one of those incredible stories you hear about. Are you guys even in the same state??? Don't go buy a lottery ticket, because that luck is GONE!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I wonder what the odds of this happening are. Amazing!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
This has to be one of the coolest things I have ever read on this forum. Kudos to the OP for working out the deal to get this rifle back together.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts