Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

What would be a fair price for an original GEW 98 with the Lange sight?
I'm looking for a good shooter, so am not concerned about all matching numbers.

TIA

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
"Mostly matching" ones in excellent condition that have an original appearance seem to start at about $700. Lesser condition, total mixmasters in mechanically good condition could start at $200. to $300. Occasionally one sees a very nice Cz M98/22 rifle equipped with the Lange rear sight for about $175. to $275. That is virtually the same rifle and would possibly be in better overall condition for the same money that you would pay for a low-end GEW 98. Buy the best bore you can find. DDR

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Mostly matching" ones in excellent condition that have an original appearance seem to start at about $700. Lesser condition, total mixmasters in mechanically good condition could start at $200. to $300. Occasionally one sees a very nice Cz M98/22 rifle equipped with the Lange rear sight for about $175. to $275. That is virtually the same rifle and would possibly be in better overall condition for the same money that you would pay for a low-end GEW 98. Buy the best bore you can find. DDR

Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
I made the mistake of buying this Amberg Gewehr 98. Rear sight matched the barrel and receiver. Front and rear bands matched each other. Bolt was a replacement. Rear swivel was a crude replacement. Cleaning rod SN did not match receiver. Stock is solid with tiger stripes.

****************************************************************************************************************

READ THE RULES PLEASE!

JPS

·
Gold Bullet member
1,538 Posts
Rules Gents

·
Registered
347 Posts
Deleted by user due to unexpected change of original text.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Snowman

Hello all. I recently bought a Gewer 98 Oberndorf 1916 for $570. It was my second C+R purchase! It's almost all matching except for one or two parts.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Deleted by user due to unexpected change of original text.

·
Super Moderator
Field Editor ~ GUNS Magazine, Co-Author ~ Serbian Army Weapons of Victory &PH - Kudu Safaris
11,439 Posts
I Have To Tell You Gents I'm Bothered By How Far This Went When It Was A Flagerent Violation Of The Rules!

·
Gold Bullet member
1,538 Posts
Oops, my bad! I didn't even realize I stepped over the line - yes, I know...read the rules! ;)

Thanks for not swinging the big stick too heavily JPS!

T

1 - 20 of 29 Posts