·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Temperature - 78F
Ammo - Russian 5.54 (1976)
Mags used - Russian (new)
AK-74 - Bulgarian Kit on Armory USA reciever
Wind - 5-7mph (shooting into it, no cross wind)
Sight Setting - 100M

Got a few hours in at the range today, and after shooting 150 rds through it, was totally pleased. I had to use the 100M range, because the 200, and 300 were down for maintanance.
Rifle shot point of aim on the target fine, and although I will do a real BSZ another day, I hit what I was aiming at. The smallest target I shot at was a piece of wood about the size of two packs of regular cigarettes, and I hit it after three shots from the bench.
The fit, and finish of the rifle was outstanding, and I was shocked at how good the trigger pull was. Rapid fire with two mags was smooth, and recoil/muzzle rise was minimal.
When the rifle was put on layaway, I had them attach the optic rail (for an additional $75), so I will report on that when I get my PK 23 from Tantal in a few weeks.
All in all my experience with ORF was awesome, and the customer service was first rate. I will be doing business with them again!

·
Silver Bullet member
12,931 Posts
lucky you did'nt blow it up shooting that russian 5.54. :D

·
Silver Bullet member
12,931 Posts
they are fun and accurate, although the 2 i own are WASR-2's, i suspect yours has the tapco triggers, same as mine, not bad. now, stock up on ammo. Century has if got 119.95.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am stocking up on ammo. Currently I have 2500, and plan on having at least 8k when I"m finished. The reason why I went with the 74 is cheap ammo, and mags.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,931 Posts
sarge, i agree, plus they have quite an extended range over a 7.62 ak. i have not done any long range acccuracy tests on paper, but i have shot at some cantelope sized dirt clods in some dried up fish ponds here in the delta at about 250 to 300 yards, the 5.45 is deadly.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sarge, i agree, plus they have quite an extended range over a 7.62 ak. i have not done any long range acccuracy tests on paper, but i have shot at some cantelope sized dirt clods in some dried up fish ponds here in the delta at about 250 to 300 yards, the 5.45 is deadly.
I"ll have to wait untill the work is finished at the 300 M range, but when it is, I"ll take the 74 out with iron sights, and a PK 23 on an "E" silhouette and post the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts