Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Vepr in 7.62x54r with a 23" barrel today. I have a Magpul PRS stock for an AR that I would like to put on the rifle. Anyone know what parts are needed to install the stock?

·
Gold Bullet member
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rifle arrived on Friday and I took it out and sighted it in on Saturday. Really nice fit and finish. Grouped well and I didn't have any issues with POI wandering after the barrel heated up. One word of caution. be careful about getting cleaners on the finish. I use carb cleaner to remove carbon from the barrel before using foaming bore cleaner. The carb cleaner removed the finish from the barrel thread protector. Here's a couple of pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Don't know why people use brake cleaner on rifles ??? It's an ak type . The carbon helps lubricate

·
Registered
17,634 Posts
Same diffrence . Overly caustic . Automotive product . No manufacturer suggests the use of carb cleaner . Folks are sooo surprised it removes paint ?
I love when folks complain about their AK finish being removed. - You ask what they used to clean ; their response "Carb/brake cleaner"

Well there you go!

Hoppes 9 and ballistol is all you need to keep your ak going forever.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love when folks complain about their AK finish being removed. - You ask what they used to clean ; their response "Carb/brake cleaner"

Well there you go!

Hoppes 9 and ballistol is all you need to keep your ak going forever.
I wasn't surprised, and wasn't complaining. I was trying to be helpful to fellow shooters, unlike the two of you arrogant azzhats. Sarcasm on "Oh no! the finish on my rare pinned thread protector is ruined! What am I to do now!!" Sarcasm off. Why don't you come down off your self made throne and re-read what I wrote.

You think the finish on my thread protector is bad now, wait until I cut it off.

·
Registered
17,634 Posts
I wasn't surprised, and wasn't complaining. I was trying to be helpful to fellow shooters, unlike the two of you arrogant azzhats. Sarcasm on "Oh no! the finish on my rare pinned thread protector is ruined! What am I to do now!!" Sarcasm off. Why don't you come down off your self made throne and re-read what I wrote.

You think the finish on my thread protector is bad now, wait until I cut it off.
Sir, i wasn't speaking of you in particular. It was just a general statment from my experiances with folks complaining how crap AK finishes are. Well they are crap if you use something that was designed for an automotive application such as cleaning brakes or an engine carburetor. Live and learn i guess. You are lucky ive seen the entire finish melt off from people using that stuff on AKs; on other threads on different forums. That was what my comment was referencing.

As for yours; I Didn't even notice your finish was coming off until you pointed out. Was mainly agreeing with vlad's statement. A pity.. time to break out the spray can.

http://www.theakforum.net/forums/23-bulgarian/159398-arsenal-slr106-crappy-paint-finish.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_53/137113_fit_and_finish_on_arsenal_ak_when_cleaning_.html

·
Gold Bullet member
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've made some changes to the rifle. I've had the wood stock set on the rifle for about a month. The "Final" piece arrived last night. I wanted a 8x42 POSP with Pro turrets. I finally found a dealer in Georgia that had the scope in stock and promptly ordered it. I can't wait to try it out this weekend. Here's a couple of pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Radical changes. It doesn't look as distinctive as it did with the 'PRS' stock. It's not a Dragunov or a PSL so having an entirely new look for the VEPR (since it is different) is attractive--so the first setup is/was inspiring. The all black scheme is sort of unremitting though--no contrast. Why did you change it? Where did you obtain the high-cap mag? How many rounds does it hold, for that matter.

Green wood--meh. Looked better before; quite exotic, IMHO.

·
Registered
17,634 Posts
Radical changes. It doesn't look as distinctive as it did with the 'PRS' stock. It's not a Dragunov or a PSL so having an entirely new look for the VEPR (since it is different) is attractive--so the first setup is/was inspiring. The all black scheme is sort of unremitting though--no contrast. Why did you change it? Where did you obtain the high-cap mag? How many rounds does it hold, for that matter.

Green wood--meh. Looked better before; quite exotic, IMHO.
My .02 cents - I agree with Harquebus for the exact same reasons.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.