Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never used Redding dies before. Any one out there have experience with them? Is there something about Redding that would justify spending an extra ten bucks on the set of dies?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Redding's standard dies are of excellent quality. What makes Redding a good buy for me is that they produce dies in calibers that either no one else does, or they are less expensive. The two Redding die sets I have are for the .351 WSL and .25 Remington. Both were considerably cheaper than RCBS.

For milsurps, it is hard to beat Lee dies...the colleted decapping pin alone sells them to me. I load for about 35 different rifle cartridges, and number wise, I have more Lee dies, followed by RCBS, then Redding, and Lyman. They all work well, I don't think anything of current manufacture is of poor quality.

·
Registered
402 Posts
+1 on Lee dies. I have a mix of both Lee and RCBS. I've never had an issue with a Lee die. They are a great value. Nothing wrong with RCBS either -- just more expensive than Lee. I'm sure the Redding will be fine too.

·
Copper Bullet member
696 Posts
Lee Dies

I've never used anything but Lee Dies for the past 30+ years. I'm sure all the rest are great dies, but for the money the Lee's are a good bargain and good quality.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,961 Posts
For the 65+ chamberings I load for, I have never had a problem with RCBS. More expensive, but worth it in my opinion.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,419 Posts
Dies

I just started reloading a few months ago.I started with RCBS dies but i've got to liking the LEE dies.They have far better decapper pins and are a lot cheaper.You save money on the dies and spend the xtra on components.mike

·
Gold Bullet member
1,234 Posts
Redding makes a great product and always has. yes they are a little more than the others but its your cash so have at it.IMHO RCBS is only slightly behind in the quality and finish But they have a NO BS NO questions asked replace/repair policy thats the best in the industry If it breaks even if you abused the living snot out of it RCBS will repair or replace it with just a phone call ! That for me gets my business.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I have only ever owned one set of redding dies,in .455 webley cal.I would say they were the best quality dies I ever brought and well worth the price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts