Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nagoya SN 607 all matching, ground, 4X7 power scope SN 12291. Its been offered (and he isn't giving it away). Comes with the case.

Could the stock be a replacement? Shouldn't there be a cutout in the stock behind the scope base??????

I believe the stock finish is not original will others please confirm?

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
15,720 Posts
Sanded and refinished poorly, IMO. I'd pass, especially if not a "real deal".

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
It is absolutely refinished. This should decrease the asking price significantly. Sniper stocks usually have a double "Na" proof. Not all but most do. Finding another "sniper stock" would be at best impossible.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,281 Posts
Could the stock be a replacement? Shouldn't there be a cutout in the stock behind the scope base??????

I believe the stock finish is not original will others please confirm?
The cutout you are looking for is a recess on the T-97 snipers. What I do like about this is the scope, with it's droopy & probably original eyepiece.
The finish is sad

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,424 Posts
Hi ww2collectors :

The stock is a replacement, probably came from a Toyo Kogyo donor rifle, the recoil bolt is one give away, so is the orangy hue accented even more by being sanded and refinished. The 4X base extends past the stock surface in original Nagoya 99 snipers so there was no need for the machining away of the stock as you see on 2.5X scoped rifles. The price asked will determine if this is something you need or want, but will require restocking to make it correct. Does the seller think he has a desirable original sniper worth boo coo bucks ?, if so pass on it.
Could you please ask the seller for the rifle issue number on the back side of the scope mount area locking wedge.
Vicasoto

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
someone tried to polish a turd on this one. that "case" is a boat anchor that was used to ship mosin nagant rifles in the country to importers and has no value. the screw that holds in the scope spring has been messed with too. there is NO reason to remove that screw so that would make me wonder what else has been messed with on this one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.