Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have these two base and would like to know if they are originals or not. One has a squared end piece and a 2 on one of the screws so maybe post war? The other I am pretty sure is a repro butI have no originals to compare it to. I'd like to hear what you guys have to say, especially those of you that seem to have a lot to offer like marcus.
thanks

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
I agree. The bottom one could be wartimel but its hard to tell. The top one is an original mount of the "post war" time frame.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. The base with the rounded was described as 'original' by the seller for a repro price and the pics were not very good so it didn't hurt to take a chance. it came with a mount too so here are some pics of that as well. the front side has a smoother finish like is seen on the mounts that are around.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
I can't see a pin for the ball shaped mount. I looks like it is one piece.

On the front side on the mount, is there a pin through the up right part, or is it solid?

·
Registered
239 Posts
If there is a pin that goes through the up right part that hold the ball part to the upright, could be orginial. I'd have to look at it in real life before I could say for sure.
BUT look at the maching on this real one on top, and compare to the bottom one. Just does not look right. Looks cast rather than machined.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts