Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
11,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been meaning to photo this one for a while, so here's what she looks like. Didn't take it apart for the stock and hg serial, but I assume they match, too.

Has the I/O dot-matrix stamp on the bottom. Got this from their warehouse in 1999. I made arrangements to meet Uli there, he showed me into their warehouse and up some steps into a loft area where there were (no kidding) at least 100 K98s. I picked out 4 (I have no clue what my criteria was).

I assume the little 1 stamp found all over it is something related to this particular arsenal (and maybe year)?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
"l" is Astrawerke, and your rifle is a Gustloff assembled rifle (final shows this); anyway its an lower case "L" not a 1 and one of the prime suppliers to Gustloff Weimar.
Note the switch from e/214 on RR to "l" on these later 1942 Gustloff assembled BLM's? A couple themes seem to be expressed as to the how and why, -show your barrel code and maybe we can go into this more.

I assume the little 1 stamp found all over it is something related to this particular arsenal (and maybe year)?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Romanian

:DThat would be one of the so called Romanians. They were mostly matching #s useally except the bolt and alot of them were all matching bolt parts. Most of the proofs were peened, but they useally miss the little 1s. I guess because they don't the eagle with it. I have a bcd/43 they did just like that. They are better cared for than the Albanians and cleaner.;) Bill

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bought one of those Romanians from SOG, I beleive in 1998? They were $89 each, but I paid the $10 handpick and got one all matching like Bones. Except for the bolt which is matching, but different than the rifle.
Great shooter also. Wish I bought more!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.