Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flicking thru Ian Skennertons new "Lee Enfield" edition the other day and saw a black and white photo of a rifle that seemed very familiar for some reason. It was on page 168 IIRC, and that of a Japanese Type 38 Arisaka rifle that was used by the British Home Guard.

The painted unit markings on the butt were exactly the same as mine,... not similar to, but exactly the same!

After pulling out all the others out of the safe, I was finally able to fetch out the ol' girl in question and compared it with the photo. I was right!!! The dings in the photo matched the dings on my rifle. Must say it was an OMG!!! moment.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Post a comparason shot mate.

Cheers,
Lachy.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Milsurp,
I am betting that it was one of Brian labudda's that he sold off after his run in with the law. He sold off 400 rifles off his collection that mostly featured in the book.
Cheers
NED

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the process of moving house this weekend so will be off the air for a while.
But will get a pic posted when the dust has settled.
Actually it's page 162, second Arisaka from the top.

Picked this rifle up with a couple others in a gun shop outside Tamworth, in a little town called Uralla about 2000-01. Included was a M91 Mosin with similar painted markings on the butt - also British Nitro Proofed, all matching - brilliant bore and a damaged Holland & Holland SBS 12ga that has had a Bubba repair with a MiG welder.

These might have been Brian Lubbada's, however they were purchased prior to his issues.

·
Registered
187 Posts
PDC!!! ...post some pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts