Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have a couple of unissued 1944 VKT m39s.. they are stunning. Is yours a '44? Reason i ask; many unissued '39s seem to be from 1944.

On a side note; i didn't even know you had a m39.

You got a real buying spree going of late i can't keep track of your new acquisitions... hopefully you are taking the wife out to many a dinner as a distraction or have found a new hiding place for them

I guess thats why its called mosinities.
:laugh:

PS-

Keep an eye out for a polish m44 if you havn't got one yet...
I'm not really interested in Cold War era Mosins. I saw enough of them when they were being issued by the Warsaw Pact. For me, Finns, Balkans, SCW, and WWII Soviet and Czarist Mosins are where it's at so to speak. I sold my Romanian and Yugo to get more --- FINNS. Mosinitis is a terrible thing. You guys all warned me.

· Registered
17,773 Posts
I'm not really interested in Cold War era Mosins.
Me either, its the reason why i only have the polish.

Why the polish? Well the fit and finish is as close as one can get to owning a commercial quality mosin nagant. The blueing job is on par with my S&W mod 19-3. Stunning...

Seriously, keep an eye out for a clean one. You will not regret it.

· Gold Bullet Member
4,603 Posts
Doby congrats... again. be careful the bug is dangerous. ohh too late for you;)

· Diamond Bullet Member
9,127 Posts
Great rifles! Congrats! The unissued Finns are quite amazing -I have a P-27 that is similar, new stock, perfect finish.

( My wife also was an enabler up to about the first 75 Mosins and Finns. Then she seems to have cooled to the topic...I can't imagine why. Must have been the tins of ammo under the bed.)

Fortunately she is an enabler. I am lucky to have 33 of them as of today. Only 6 are unissued. about half are NRA excellent or better. The rest are just cool and have "character and history". You may have noticed I have also been selling arms here. The net is about the same. Just different guns on the walls. In my opinion, much more interesting ones. I am sure most here will agree.

· Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks to all for complimenting these rifles. The rifles, their history, and the fine men who used and built them are the reasons we are all here. I'm lucky to have them.

I am at this late in my collecting career, and in many respects, I regret the wasted time. However, those other fields of collecting do give me some perspective on these Mosin rifles. I find them absolutely fascinating, and suffer my Mosinitis quite willingly like any other addict. The variants are bewildering. To a new collector of them like me, it just means I have more things to discover and learn. Especially to learn.

I am fortunate to be able to care for them. They will be around long after we are all gone from this earth.

· Registered
661 Posts
Most all of Finnish rifles were redone tagged and stored for the cold war till they were sold as surplus in the 1980's. I seen cases's of Finns with hang tags from storage and Finnish grease smeared on them back then. I just went through this unissued stuff with a fellow that had a M1 garand and M1 carbine that claimed they were new,but were mix master re- hab's with mixed parts and rebuild stamps and later post war parts. Man got so mad he walked away with his WW2 new out of the arsenal rifles. Some people really believe it is new from 1943. You have fine Finnish Mosin's worth $300+ , 91-30 and M91 $350-400 a pop,nice!

· Admin Emeritus
19,075 Posts
Gorgeous I love those with the hang tags.

· Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Most all of Finnish rifles were redone tagged and stored for the cold war till they were sold as surplus in the 1980's. I seen cases's of Finns with hang tags from storage and Finnish grease smeared on them back then. I just went through this unissued stuff with a fellow that had a M1 garand and M1 carbine that claimed they were new,but were mix master re- hab's with mixed parts and rebuild stamps and later post war parts. Man got so mad he walked away with his WW2 new out of the arsenal rifles. Some people really believe it is new from 1943. You have fine Finnish Mosin's worth $300+ , 91-30 and M91 $350-400 a pop,nice!
jeep, just out of curiosity, were the hang tags put on - as they were prepared for storage, or after the Finns had gotten done "Finning" them? I would assume the latter since they usually have a hole in them from being test fired. The 91-30 tag here earlier hasn't been hit, or as I joked earlier, the test firing fellows missed the target at 30 meters. Unlikely, lol.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.