Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My parents have pretty much domesticated wild Raccons and Possums by feeding them. I've seen wild deer that thought they were cattle. I've seen wild catfish and bass that would eat out of a persons hand. This is crazy though! Some retired guy in Anchorage, Alaska has been feeding wild bears for 25 years now, and now they pretty much are his pets. Nothing like a wild pet that can eat you at will.
I want to see bears and moose on my property!
Eat one from time to time too!
Is'nt a fire supposed to scare them off?

·
Gold Bullet member
1,234 Posts
One day those bears will revert back to acting like wild animals instead of his tame so called pets and have him as a meal! if he isnt killed the first thing that will cross his pea sized brain will be "Why did they do that they were so tame yesterday" his day will come unfortunately plus he's putting alot of others in harms way too. What a putz.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I haven't been to Alaska in 20+ years.
We stayed with the GF's family in Eagle River. Had a huge moose walk into the backyard one night.
We caught big king salmon at Alexander Creek and got run off by a grizzly at Troublesome Creek. We were fishing Troublesome for salmon when we spotted fresh bear tracks and scat.
We figured it was best to leave and headed up the trail. We got about forty yards and start hearing "voof, voof!". Not good. We went back to the creek, waded it to the far bank, which was quite steep, a 15 foot near vertical climb. We got to the top and turned to look, and here she came. A huge sow grizzly sniffing the air trying to locate us. We scrammed.
Two weeks later at Troublesome Creek, a young couple were badly mauled by a sow grizzly with two cubs. We were lucky.
I'll post a pic of a king salmon I caught if I can figure out how to get the scanner to work.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,871 Posts
Complete idiot. Oh, I forgot, 'complete idiot' with friends.

Poot

·
Diamond+ Bullet Member
1,642 Posts
I live in Alaska ....

AK Fish and Wildlife division is not pleased with this guy....

They keep fineing him for feeding the bears lol

Some day he'll be an Hors d'oeurve!

Rofl

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I live in Alaska too.
Notice that they are Black Bears? And hes as tall as the biggest....kids wouldnt last long, for sure.
Black Bear is the ONLY meat thats better than Caribou......

Hunt them in the mountains on arainy august day, with no fish in sight and guts full of Blueberrys.... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!1

Got 3 in one day, about 7 years ago, no kidding.

I'd love to feed thos pets of his, nice and fat, and then blast them in the brain with my Mosin.....I gotta go eat now....

·
Gold Bullet member
7,796 Posts
Notice that the guy has an electric cattle prod within reach? Zap a bear with it at the wrong time, and he may just become a meal. No matter how cute and cuddly bears may look, people need to remember that bears eat people.

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,580 Posts
Feeding the bear is plain stupidity.

Do you REALLY want tame raccoons & possums on your homestead??

Not to mention that the legion of mosquitos are the size of hummingbirds in Alaska.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I was in camp in Colorado at a small lake once. A couple of mosquitos flew by carrying a shetland pony. I heard one say, "Let's get him to the woods quick before the big ones see him!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts