Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks for all your help and info (even though it was tough news). I have another that I purchased. I got this from the same dealer for $275. After I purchased this one all his other prices went to $325 (guess he knew he could get more from me).

I think it's not a ground down bolt or safety and I can now see the difference (i think!).

• This one has a beautiful laminated stock.
  • Receiver says BNZ 43 Their is a shield on the barrel with BNZ and a 1 under it and AU on the left.
  • The serial 2455 is on the bolt, front barrel band, sight, receiver and clip base.
  • The bayonet strap barrel band is mm "715" and the buttplate is mm "brg 5536"

I couldn't get the screws off of the trigger assembly and was afraid I might damage them so I left it be for now I'll disassemble if needed.

Thanks for any opinions you can give!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Stock is sanded from what I can see. Metal is definitely reblued. Front band and floorplate seem to be legit to the receiver SN. I haven't seen those "III" markings on a BNZ yet though. Can't say anything about the bolt since it's too glossy and blurry for my eyes. The sanded stock and reblue with the metal mismatches makes it a "shooter grade" so go blast away with it at the range. Also it's a shooter K98 price so go figure.

·
Registered
187 Posts
This one's very nice too. What are those three little pine-tree-like markings on the left? Where have they been seen before?

·
Copper Bullet member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What does the AU stand for on the barrel? Austria?

I can see the difference between the bolt on my other one and this one. The safety has "sharp" edges while the other has definitely been rounded off.

The bolt on the first one has been sanded down where this one appears original.

I'll post some better (i hope) photos of the bolt assembly.

·
Copper Bullet member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
More pics

Here are some more pics of the bolt, receiver and front sight.

http://www.gracekernersville.org/ebay/Drifle2.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.gracekernersville.org/ebay/Dupper receiver.jpg

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
T, you arent doing bad at all. both rifles are a step above a rc in any case. for a rc price.
the first rifle has a waffen 37 in a strange place (bottom front of the recever just above the recoil flange) this could mean a depo/factory repair? ive never seen one there before

·
Registered
368 Posts
T, you arent doing bad at all. both rifles are a step above a rc in any case. for a rc price.
the first rifle has a waffen 37 in a strange place (bottom front of the recever just above the recoil flange) this could mean a depo/factory repair? ive never seen one there before
Solman:

I responded to the other post. That e37 on the bottom of the receiver is supposed to be there.

·
Registered
658 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
The 3 "pine trees" someone mentioned is an m with the top not there.

What, if any, proofs are on the right side of the bbl bands, the receiver and under the bolt handle? Also is the bayo lug proofed & numbered - would be seen looking from the muzzle end, proof on one side & nr on the other. Also is the bolt stop nr'd & proofed? What markings are on the trigger guard - would be infront of the floor plate. Any markings on the right side of the stock?
Nice find for a shooter.
Sarge

1 - 11 of 11 Posts