Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
6,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned in my other post, I broke the leaf spring which tensions the rear sight. It seems that I didn't ask the right question in my previous post about rear sight base removal, though.

Simply put: can anyone tell me how to remove and replace the rear sight spring? I can get replacement springs online for $5, but it is not clear to me how to remove the broken spring. I hate to go randomly pounding with a hammer and pulling with pliers.

All help appreciated!

·
Silver Bullet member
36,239 Posts

·
Administrator
8,117 Posts
the rear sight spring slides in from the front of the base, there is a "dimple" on the spring that locks in place on the sight base, sometimes you can pull them out by hand, you should be able to grab it with a small pliers and pull it out, and the new one slide in by hand, the wider part of the spring goes in first

·
Silver Bullet member
36,239 Posts
On looking at the rear sight spring more closely, and allowing for the paint, that "dimple" if there is one, may be more of a hole with depressed edges. Maybe that's what locks it into the hole in the base? It does look like a hollow ended rivet but I can't see why they'd do it that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.