Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've located an SCW Polish WZ-29. I'm going to look at it again tomorrow and take a stab at it for a pure shooter.

The rear of the receiver looks to have been tapped for an aperture.
The bore is in fair condition. There looks to be pitting and debris, but the rifling is intact. It may clean up.
The bolt was blued, but is likely original.
It may not be original finish on the stock. I think it may have been tru-oiled long-ago.

Is it worth $200? Price tag is $250, but that is probably negotiable.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,080 Posts
In my opinion, no.

I bought both of my SCW Wz. 29s within the last two years for under $200 each, and neither of them had been sporterized or refinished. So I'd hold out for an original condition rifle, which you should be able to find for around the same price.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
I think I've located an SCW Polish WZ-29. I'm going to look at it again tomorrow and take a stab at it for a pure shooter.

The rear of the receiver looks to have been tapped for an aperture.
The bore is in fair condition. There looks to be pitting and debris, but the rifling is intact. It may clean up.
The bolt was blued, but is likely original.
It may not be original finish on the stock. I think it may have been tru-oiled long-ago.

Is it worth $200? Price tag is $250, but that is probably negotiable.
If it has the polish bolt and the stock hasnt been heavily sanded or cut the parts are worth that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.