Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a Inland M1 Carbine in the 6,369,000 serial range in near mint condition at a LGS and have a few questions on it, I couldn't take it apart so here is what I saw, dark parked finish, barrel is marked Inland and dated 11-44, round bolt, adjustable rear sight marked PI, front sight unmarked, low wood with IO in the sling well and Ordinance Wheel on other side, clip release marked M, type A front band, type C safety and recoil plate had a W on it and a x on the screw, forgot to check the trigger guard. Does it sound like it could be correct?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Not really close to correct other then the barrel date is right for the serial number and maybe the bolt depending on how it's marked along with the rear sight and stock. But the rest is not right.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really close to correct other then the barrel date is right for the serial number and maybe the bolt depending on how it's marked along with the rear sight and stock. But the rest is not right.
Would it be worth a $1000? I would like to add a WWII adjustable sight example to my collection.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Only if it's nice nice NICE, with original finish metal and wood without rebuild stamps, sanding, etc. Without looking at my notes, I believe that should have left Dayton with a type 3 (bayonet lug) band, AI marked. Definitely should have a "N" marked front sight. Trigger housing contents are, of course, critical...

Another thing to remember is, since it's from a store, you're going to have to add sales tax, Cook county tax, FTIP fee, etc. etc. etc. That stack of ten C-notes needed to buy it will turn to eleven pretty quickly...

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
It sounds more like a typical rebuild and if not import marked it would go for about $800 to $900 tops depending on over all condition in my neck of the woods. And that's if it's as jonnyo said NICE condition.

·
Copper Bullet member
2,666 Posts
I may be worth 1K depending on the trigger housing & parts and the op rod. For instance, if the bolt/[parts are correct and other major parts you could probably do some trading and restore it. For instance from what we know it has a Winchester recoil lug and screw.....always in high demand. It may be a prime candidate for restoration. Regards, Rick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.