Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TE53
Posted - 01/26/2007 : 02:05:22 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a m/96 with the C.1900 stamp, but I have no photos of it yet.
The information on it is:

-1901 Carl Gustafs
-SN 96919
-All Parts match except bolt and has no rod
-C.1900 stamped on right side
-Has a brass disk, will post the inscription with pics
-Stock cut out for side mount diopter, possibly a Lyman M48
-AGJ Ram rear sight, inverted "V" front sight
-Stock is old style 85 degree buttstock, walnut
-No import mark
-Unthreaded barrel
-Many wrist cartouches (will update with the pics also)

I would like to hear from arilar if he has obtained any information from the Schinkes book? Especially about the m/96s used in 1897.
Also, were the rifles stamped C.1900 owned by the shooters or the government, and were they made especially for competition or taken from military stores and converted to civilian competition use?
NEW--- Here are the pictures:

Download Attachment:
172.17 KB

Download Attachment:
55.14 KB

Download Attachment:
163.55 KB

Download Attachment:
179.28 KB

Download Attachment:
106.4 KB

Download Attachment:
113.62 KB

Download Attachment:
93.88 KB

Download Attachment:
127.67 KB

The Cartouches appear to be (in order from the trigger guard):
-X'd out
-Crown S
-Crown C (faint)
-Crown C
-Crown C (faint)
-Crown C
-Crown C
-Crown ?
-Crown
-Crown Ch - behind the swivel

It may be useful for others to post Cartouche marks to determine if they have any patterns or similar markings which might indicate whether the C.1900 rifles were rearsenaled at the same location, such as Stockholm.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit my site-- http://mausersonline.spaces.live.com/
Edited by - TE53 on 01/27/2007 04:18:52 AM

swede
Posted - 01/27/2007 : 10:10:10 AM
Your receiver & stock are drilled & inletted for the " Hauges " diopter sight , as that is the only diopter that uses a 3 hole mounting pattern that I am aware of .

arilar
Posted - 02/05/2007 : 1:05:30 PM
Originally posted by TE53

I would like to hear from arilar if he has obtained any information from the Schinke'ss book? Especially about the m/96s used in 1897.
Also, were the rifles stamped C.1900 owned by the shooters or the government, and were they made especially for competition or taken from military stores and converted to civilian competition use?
It may be useful for others to post Cartouche marks to determine if they have any patterns or similar markings which might indicate whether the C.1900 rifles were rearsenaled at the same location, such as Stockholm.
TE53, sorry for delay. Didnt observe your posting!
Schinkes book a disappointment regarding C.1900 marking. Only tells that Oberndorf from 1900 sometimes has this marking and for unknown reasons.

The "X" marking on your stock is interesting. Has all C.1900 rifles this X? therebye meaning that they left military service the year 1900 or 1901? I am very curious on Parkerswedes C.1900 and if the silverdisc can provide more info. Is this rifle a prize-rifle from 1901 and also bearing X-mark?
At the 1897 Riksskyttetävlingen only 165 shooters took the chance to test the Mauser. AB Svenska Krutfaktorierna (the powder-company that organized this event) either bought a smaller amount mausers directly from Oberndorf or was able to, as a loan, use brand new military m/96 from I1 regiment (Royal Svea Lifguard). As mentioned was Riksskyttetävlingen 1900 held at Kaknäs, Stockholm with only 300 allowed competitors. Doubt mausers was distributed then and several C.1900 has 1901 receivers as well. 1901 was Riksskyttetävlingen held in Gävle with 900 announced shooters (747 shooters showed up at the main-event). Havent find anything written about this match that tells about special distributed Mausers. Would have been such a special event in such a case. Parkerswede, can you check your source if documentation exists? So relatively many C.1900 marked mausers exist so maybe the info that during 1901, the amount of 2000 m/96 was distributed by Centralstyrelsen to shooters all over Sweden that this 2000 mausers has the C.1900 marking?

arilar
Posted - 02/06/2007 : 04:09:29 AM
Originally posted by TE53

Download Attachment:
172.17 KB
Almost forgot!
The stock-disc on your C.1900 looks "civil". Orientated 90 degrees from ordinary military discs (makes it easy to read when standing in a rack). Thinks yours is rifle number six belonging to a "Skyttegille" (shootingclub). "K" is the first digit in the name, usually name of town or village, as in Kalmar Skyttegille (started 1883 and still running. Can be found on internet).
Just wanted to share. Dont know if its of any interest.

TE53
Posted - 02/18/2007 : 04:44:49 AM
arilar,
Thank you for the information on the brass disk!

In regard to a previous question, I have at least one other rifle with X'd out markings, I will try to figure out which one it is. If I remember correctly, it may have more than one X, may also have the NP stamp. It doesn't have the C.1900, so I think the Xs are unrelated to this topic.

SWEDISH K
Posted - 05/09/2007 : 2:08:14 PM

- Carl Gustaf
- wood matches receiver? N/A
- C1900 on the left side
- No disc
- Walnut stock

·
Registered
16 Posts
OK Here we go again...

-Oberndorf
-wood matches receiver? N/A
-C1900 on right side
-No disc present

- other: This is actually a 1899 Carl Gustaf rifle with a new 1900 Oberndorf receiver, replaced for some reason...
The serial from the CG rifle was stamped into this replaced receiver by hand (1900 Oberndorf receivers without serialnumbers was delivered from the Mauserfactory as spareparts).

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
1900 OB with Faldt sight

Here's mine. I bought it from a board member last June.

OB 1900
SN 54031 matching numbers except for floor plate
no disk
Faldt sight & target front sight
CG63 trigger guard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts