Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a couple boxes of old 7.62x51 ammo, pre-NATO "Ball, Cal .30, T-233", dated April 1954 but the headstamps are FA 52.

I'm just wondering if this is uncommon enough to hang onto, or if it's really just shooting ammo.

Attachments

·
Copper Bullet member
9,811 Posts
Hold on to it, the box might be worth more than the rounds. I'll mention it to a guy who specializes in 7.62x51.

·
Copper Bullet member
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks. The guy had four boxes and I bought two (for "shootin' ammo" price). The label was very clear and nice on first box I looked at. I paid him for two boxes but didn't look close at them as I put them in the bag I was carrying. When I got home I realized that the labels on what I got were faded and hard to read. I was really kicking myself for not buying all four boxes. Can't hardly buy good shooting ammo for $10 a box.

·
Copper Bullet member
9,811 Posts
The collector I mentioned has the box and rounds, and reiterated to me that the box (in VG+) is worth more than the rounds, about $30-40.

·
Copper Bullet member
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I'm really kicking myself for not buying the other two boxes, especially since they were easier to read. The label in the photo is the better of the two I bought. The other one is faded and pretty hard to make out.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Thanks! I'm really kicking myself for not buying the other two boxes, especially since they were easier to read. The label in the photo is the better of the two I bought. The other one is faded and pretty hard to make out.
That's a real shame. That kind of mistake just eats away at me from the inside out. Don't let it get to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.