Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
8,127 Posts
It's heart-rending to see some of the older people in the condition they're in," Griffin said. "You have to wonder why they haven't had a little leniency on them to let them go home?

"What can an 80-year-old man in a wheelchair do? Run?"

That's the problem - I'm sure the prison would like nothing better then to let some of these people go home, but they've been there so long most probobly have no home to go to at this point, and no way of taking care of themselves.
Prisoners or not, I always question this "laundry list" of prescriptions so many older people have these days. How effective are all those drugs, and are they really necessary? This is really the first generation of oldsters to pop 5 or 10 different medications a day, and my guess is the effect on longevity is marginal at best.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
?

That's the problem - I'm sure the prison would like nothing better then to let some of these people go home, but they've been there so long most probobly have no home to go to at this point, and no way of taking care of themselves.
QUOTE]

Very true.

Most likely they would end up in a nursing home where there is even less attention paid.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I always question this "laundry list" of prescriptions so many older people have these days. How effective are all those drugs, and are they really necessary? This is really the first generation of oldsters to pop 5 or 10 different medications a day, and my guess is the effect on longevity is marginal at best.
Most don't give a hoot since Medicare is picking up the tab. Also, there are those old farts who forget (consciously/unconsciously) to take their prescribed meds and end up at the ER...CLOGGING AN ALREADY OVERBURDEN SYSTEM:rolleyes::mad:

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Most don't give a hoot since Medicare is picking up the tab. Also, there are those old farts who forget (consciously/unconsciously) to take their prescribed meds and end up at the ER...CLOGGING AN ALREADY OVERBURDEN SYSTEM:rolleyes::mad:

Now,Now.........Ya'll Stop Picking on connie.:D;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts