Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now here is a scope I know little about except it is German and old. And, there is a stamp on it that may suggest it is military and possibly WWI. However I need help from the experts here to identify it clearly and to date it.

It is marked JDEM (m in circle) Wedel Nr 3615 and Z.F. 1x11

Now what intrigued me was a stamp, an asterisk just like what you find on the sterngewehr and bayonets of the WWI era. This would be a military inspectors stamp showing that it was out of spec and had to be reworked. So, is this the stamp I think it is, or is it something else?

The optics are clear and the reticule is nice. On the right side the middle crosshair is marked 600 (meters?), the short one above is not marked and the shorter one above that is marked 0

So, what do I have? I would be grateful for all input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
3.7 cm PAK cannon often mounted on halftracks
Yeah, I concur....looks like a sight for a light field piece, most likely a 3,7cm gun, direct fire, close range...similiar to what the US 37mm AT gun had on it...its only 1 power (no magnification), 11 degree field of view...

I would guess WWI or pre-war.....

Interesting little scope to be sure...

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting info. Thanks! Now, I've no experience with these, could anyone suggest a ballpark value for a thing like this? In the pictures what looks like rust is only dried oil and old gunk, as you can see on the cleaned area where the "einblick" is written the metal is in very nice condition. There is a small dent on the rail that could affect function, but if one wanted to mount it on a gun it would be easy to fix. Two minutes with a file...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Gold Bullet member
1,025 Posts
Not a great deal, Pak scopes come on the market regularly, apparently they were popular bring-backs by vets. Basically you have to have a Pak to need the scope so market is small. Perhaps $75 or more if someone in internet land needs one!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.