Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well friends,
Im a long time forumite at many of the other rifle and rimfire sites around, but i thought id spread my wings a little and check things out here.
I recieved this just two days ago from my grampas estate.
Me and him both made/make our livings in the northern canadian bush.
As he told it, this rifle was gifted to him by a customer as a tip for guiding services. He always said the rifle was new, and always adored it (he was poor, so it was his favorite thing he owned)
Anyways regardless of the story, he did tend to "exxagerate" his stories haha.
Im sorry the photos are poor.
Can we date this? Do we know the model? It hasnt been shot in twenty years atleast im sure, can it be safely shot now? Was it a high end model when new?
Basically i have no specific questions.... I just was hoping to learn anything that i can

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont believe there is a marking under the bsa martini international.
I will get better photos hopfully tomorrow, if not, definetly the following day.
If there are specific photos needed please let me know... Ill use my slr this time instead of the cheapo "point and shoot" this time.

·
Administrator
4,137 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
What Tom said. The front sight should go on a dovetailed block at the end of the barrel. Should be three blocks on it, the two rear ones are for a target scope like a Unertl or Lyman Super Targetspot. With good quality ammo, it should be capable of almost one-hole groups of five shots at fifty yards from a good solid prone or bench position...though most of us can't shoot up to the capability of our equipment!

David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.