Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
News was broken over on the mosin board by WLD Bill that fellow Ol Duke passed away a couple of days ago. I never knew him, but I thought I should post it here

R.I.P

·
Registered
740 Posts
I always enjoyed reading O'l Dukes postings. Did not know him personally, but I did purchase my one and only Russian SKS from him some years back. Very nice rifle. Wish the best and pray for his family. Jim

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
I know everyone always says they are going on to a better place but darn it is hard to not miss the nice people we lose. As I am getting older there just seems to be many holes in my life and I miss the people who used to fill them and make my life so much fun. Kim was so very able to emote a laugh from me in those parking lot sessions with hot dogs down at Knob Creek and usually I was so tired from walking all over that place and standing a laugh was the last thing I thought about till he would start and later my sides usually hurt on the ride home. We have lost so many great people in the last few years that I almost always saw at Knob Creek that I don't want to go there and get depressed at the fact they are missing and will not be back. RIP Ol Duke

Bill

·
Copper Bullet Member
8,970 Posts
Shining Star

© Anon
The angels looked down from heaven one night
They searched for miles afar,
And deep within the distance
They could see a shining star.

They knew that very instant
That the star was theirs to gain,
So they took you up to heaven
Forever to remain.

Look down on us from heaven
Keep us free from hurt and pain,
You'll always be within my heart
Until we meet again.

Source: http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/po...-death-of-a-friend-shining-star#ixzz355EfZmq7
Family Friend Poems

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.