Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any OK shooters or competitions going on? If anyone knows of a HP or milsurp match going on, I'm interested.

·
Registered
20,816 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Boomer. I'll have to look at it in more detail when I get home. Perhaps, if I can afford it, I'll see you out there some time...

·
Registered
10 Posts
there is a club in Lawton ok, that has a military shoot it is i think one day a month. darn i cant think of the club. they don't have there own range yet. they use the fort still range. they are looking for land for there own range. i will try ti look it up and post it . along with there web site.
DWMMG08 thinking of moving to altus or lawton i'm on a waiting list for public housing there. last word i got there was about a 8 month waiting list for altus and lawton.any hunting worth while in altus? i just put a mosin M44 on lay a way till a week or two. cant wait to get it.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
since you're down in that part of the state, you oughta look up a place in Granfield, I think it's called "Boondocks" and it's a pretty awesome setup. I found it on the NRA's range locator website. It's actually close to Wichita Falls, TX.

·
Registered
10 Posts
well i'm not in that part of the state at all. i'm in tennessee. wanting to move to the wichita falls , lawton area. i just found the lawton site browsing ok. gun ranges and clubs. i will look up that site in wichita falls.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Shooting in the Altus area

Hi!

There is one good thing about living out here, there's good shooting land and range land around here.

Try the range I'm a member of: Indian Territory Practical Shooting Club, located west of Duke, OK. Reasonably priced, and a good long range rifle range (600 yards!) and several pistol bays, but the Rifle side of the club is lacking in organization at this point: I don't think there are any organized shoots, and there really needs to be some effort put into putting out /making target holders; this is a very pistol oriented group, but I think with some more rifle shooters here, we could do something. This is a pistol club started by pistol fanatics, so that explains why the rifle side isn't that organized. I've been pretty happy with that, I just go to have fun shooting rifles anyway, I never was that into the big organized shoots.

I Don't know about Lawton Rifle and Pistol Club, but the place in Grandfield, OK is Badlands, a shooting /sniper/law enforcement training deal run by the Tillman Co. Sherriff. It's quite good, as I understand it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hunting in Altus area?

I don't really get into that, so I haven't done any hunting down here, (I'm into WWI milsurp stuff and Class III stuff, I just never got the Hunting bug) but I know I've heard that there is good deer and pig hunting here, and lots and lots of dove hunting. The world just about stops or slows down for hunting seasons here, and people come from all over to hunt here, so I figure it must be pretty good. (Especially dove)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, DWMMG08. That was the name of the place, but I wasn't sure. Badlands. It's appointment-only, and I imagine it is fairly spendy, but it looks like a gnarly place to get your shoot on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts