Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
looks like a better retirment fund than a IRA, just think if they had the forsite to send all the ss panzer helmets home they found, i watched a ss panzer with the owers info inside sell for 17,000.00 usd less than a year and a half ago.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
looks like a better retirment fund than a IRA, just think if they had the forsite to send all the ss panzer helmets home they found, i watched a ss panzer with the owers info inside sell for 17,000.00 usd less than a year and a half ago.
The Canadian troops did encounter more than their share of SS units....I see a fair number of FJ helmets in the pile...They must have seen a number of Luftwaffe units, as you can also see a few regular stahlhelms with the flying eagle decals on them...Bodes

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Shouldn't been happend. Personal protection gear should not be seized from POWs.
During the war the crew of a shot down German bomber surrendered to my grandfather as he was first on the scene and a member of the local Home Guard. He was disgusted with the regular British soldiers, who came to take the German airmen, as they stripped the Germans of valuables like watches. My grandfather did protest but there wasn't much else that he could do as it was one man against a whole group of British soldiers. We were supposed to be fighting the Nazis not behaving like Nazis.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts