Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
12,267 Posts
Genuine Mannlicher slings are expensive, although this one appears too short. The ammo pouch is Bulgarian post-war and isn't worth much.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts

·
8,107 Posts
Genuine Mannlicher slings are expensive, although this one appears too short. The ammo pouch is Bulgarian post-war and isn't worth much.
I agree with Nick about the ammo pouch, it is post-WW1 Bulgarian. However, the M95 Rifle sling appears to be correct length, it should measure slightly under 38 inches. Too bad you missed it Barnrat, the price is quite reasonable, they are nearly impossible to find.

I hope whoever purchased it is careful, it appears to be quite stiff and may be impossible to put on a rifle without damaging, even destroying, the standing loop.

·
Administrator
12,267 Posts
may be impossible to put on a rifle without damaging, even destroying, the standing loop.
+1 When I bought my sling it came with the entire sling swivel. I didn't even try to remove it, just replaced the other sling swivel.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Field Editor ~ GUNS Magazine, Co-Author ~ Serbian Army Weapons of Victory &PH - Kudu Safaris
11,477 Posts
I got lucky! ....... All five of my original M93 slings are supple as opposed to how stiff some of the items from the Austro-Hungarian Empire can be!

That sling was a steal at that price!

Warmest regards,

JPS

·
Administrator
12,267 Posts
I believe our own TP makes fantastic copies.

·
Super Moderator
Field Editor ~ GUNS Magazine, Co-Author ~ Serbian Army Weapons of Victory &PH - Kudu Safaris
11,477 Posts
T.P. produces the very best repro M95 slings as shown on both of my Austro-Hungarian M14s, i.e. a Mexican and Chilean contract M1912 Mausers as produced by Steyr and commandeered by the K.u.K. following the outbreak of war in 1914.

You can't miss with the repros manufactured by our very own T.P. !

Warmest regards,

JPS

·
8,107 Posts
+1 When I bought my sling it came with the entire sling swivel. I didn't even try to remove it, just replaced the other sling swivel.
That is beautiful Nick. The M95 sling I own was off the rifle when I received it, the standing loop at the end was larger than the one on yours and especially larger than the one shown by the OP and it had been easily removed. I had at first thought that it had stretched in use but close examination showed that it was not distorted by stretching, it was simply made that way and most of the reproductions I make are manufactured with the larger loops like my original, this makes them easier to install and remove if needed, the tight loop as illustrated on John's slings allows the sling to be tightened when installed but if you look at original pictures of M95 slings in use, the troops have the slings fully extended, even when doing the manual of arms.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I tried but it wasn't me; I got outbid as well!

I did get a really nice used repro on ebay couple years ago used. Not the VZ24 ones you see advertised. There are a couple of the correct types (not sure of the length) advertised on ebay from Germany and the Czech Republic if you search for Mannlicher sling, can't speak to quality.

If I am not mistaken that was used on not only AH rifles but also Hungarian. I have mine on my 43m.
Bill

I have

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.