Copper Bullet member
2,041 Posts
Inserting photos

Go to "User CP"...
click "Edit Options"...
at the bottom..."Miscellaneous Options"
...select "Enhanced Interface".
This will give you a toolbar with additional tools
when posting. One of the tools is an "Insert Image" widget.
I hope this is helpful.
:)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I have the pic thing sort of!

Now! If I want to copy and paste your logon to my new reply. What needs to be done?

If I right click [Copy] that's ok!
If I right click to paste within a reply, there is no Paste.

gw11

·
Copper Bullet member
2,041 Posts
"Quote"

To respond to someone's post
and "quote" them in the body of your post,
click "Quote" (lower right) of the person's post
before you reply.
You can also highlight only the section you want quoted.
(before you click "Quote")
I hope this is helpful.
:)

·
Registered
223 Posts
GW if you are wanting to move stuff from the old forum, what I did was just highlight the section I wanted, HIT CTRL+C come over here get in the message body and hit CTRL+V

Other than that, if you want to quote someone from earlier in the thread, hit the "quote" button in the bottom right corner of their post as stated by vdeodon.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

As far as the Build thread from before, I copied the entire thing to my computer. If I can ever figure out a way to transfer it, when I have more time I will.

gw11

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
right click "copy" or highlight the text in blue and right click copy, then open a post here and right click paste and viola!

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
Under the post vreply or go advanced function use the paperclip option from your PC. Browse to the picture-hit upload. You'll it appear as an attachment. Then close the window and hit submit.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
VIC

When making a Post Reply I can right click copy, but when I try to right click Paste, there is no Paste in your reply.

George

·
Registered
223 Posts
I can't figure out what the problem is GW... the copy and paste works perfectly fine using the quick controls (ctrl+c and ctrl+v) and simply right clicking.

And also, just so you know, if you click the farthest button to the right next to Quote, and the " button next to it, opens up the quick replybox at the bottom of the screen so you don't have to load a new page to reply... much like the old gunboards forum.

But I don't quite understand why you can't highlight and copy some text and then paste it here... that's what I did on those other threads I posted here, and am having no problem still today cutting and pasting stuff. Try highlighting the area, and hitting CTRL+C and then coming over here, opening a new topic or hit reply, and put the cursor in the box and hit CTRL+V... shouldn't have a problem. If you are, let me know what you are wanting to paste over here, and I'll bring it over for you.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just tried Right Clicking for cut and paste in the Quick Reply, and still no soap!
It works anywhere else but not here.

gw11

·
Registered
223 Posts
You have to click the button in the bottom right corner of a post to open up the box first if you didn't know that. Otherwise, I can't figure out the problem. I've tried it both ways to see if I can duplicate the problem, and can't manage to do it.

I can certainly move some stuff over for you if you want GW, just let me know what threads. I'll even put it in this thread, and you can copy and paste it over here or something and edit it so your name is on the post. I just dont want all that stuff to get lost as Im sure it took hours to compile.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jfowl31

I just Cut & Pasted to the Title of a Reply. But still no soap on the C&P here in the message body.

jfowl31-- thanks for the offer on moving stuff. It would have been good if the powers that be, could have thought the info form the past was good to save. Usually it is!

Oh Well!

Have a great evening.

gw11

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
It is good to save-that why you have the chance to do it now-

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jfowl31 and videodon Thanks for your efforts!

I fixed my Cut and Paste problem.
I changed my editing from Enhanced to Advanced . Now it works.

gw11

1 - 15 of 15 Posts