Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Europe we're bit early but here's something that a neighbour gave to me. It's an (Imperial Russian m/91?) ammo pouch that his father brought as a war souvenir during the Continuation War. It has a Russian name written under the cover, I think it says Боярскы but I'm not sure. Is the pouch complete or missing something? TIA.

Now, show us what the Santa brought to you...

·
Registered
382 Posts
WOW I wish I had neighbors like that. Although you live a little closer to where the action happened.

My milsurp present is getting to view my wife's uncle's huge milsurp collection while visiting her hometown. His collection is like visiting a museum and its usually an all day visit.

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Date stamp on the inside of the flasp says "32g". At least it appears to be a date stamping of "year 1932".
If so, then is that a 91/30 pouch? Or for something else? It's in very nice condition.

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,550 Posts
It's not Christmas yet in Arizona. But he is bringing me a 1968 Albanian SKS.

And yes, your pouch is missing something....

Ammo :)

That's a beauty CH!

Merry Christmas!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,538 Posts
A buddy at work gave me some Mosin ammo pouches, a Mosin toolkit and some US AK handgaurds yesterday. My FFL has three rifles I won at auction until Friday or Saturday.

·
Administrator
12,128 Posts
... It has a Russian name written under the cover...
Did they have ball pens during the Continuation War? Cause the writing sure looks like being made with a ball pen... at least on the picture.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Santa just delivered two M39's...a '67 in new condition and a well used but not battered "no maker-no date"...my only one like it. Thanks to Chris at Trinity Arms...will post a pic of the latter on Friday as they are not all that common.
Merry Christmas and may your stockings be full!
Flakshield

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,436 Posts
Just a yugo 59 SKS, here (my 1st SKS). Have not recieved it yet. But I am getting a new camera. I am eager to take better photo's of my Finn rifles. ( Thank You Santi Claws)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
We had Christmas today and I received the non-refurbed 1930 M1895 Nagant I had purchased from auction a while back. My family paid for part of it as a Christmas gift to me. Still nice to open it today even though I was able to handle it a take a few pics when UPS delivered it a month or so ago before it got boxed and wrapped. It's even DDR marked.

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,039 Posts
No milsurps for ME for Christmas (have I been BAD?)

Being from a non-gun family, all I can expect are books on firearms or WWII military subjects (but only MAYBE), and cleaning rags that I won't be able to use until I wear holes in them (socks and t-shirts). :eek:

But I've got a couple "in the wings" for myself that I'll be picking up when my bonus check from work comes through in late January/early February... for THESE I can handle a late Christmas !! A NICE Hungarian M-44, a Berdan II and a Portuguese Kropatchek (maybe two of them!) :D

·
Registered
567 Posts
The M91 pouch does look like it is complete as near as I can tell. I won't get any Milsurp stuff on Christmas, however my M38 should show up between Christmas and New Years though. :D

·
Administrator
12,128 Posts
... in late January/early February... a Berdan II...
I hate to tell you, but that Berdan II ain't worth mentioning unless it has a Romanian capture proof and a Remington RB rear sight...:D :D :D

·
Gold Bullet member
1,563 Posts
2000 rounds 762x54
1000 rounds 8x56r
1300 rounds 8mm

Oh one other thing - a new baby girl.

It's going to be a nice new year for this shooter.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
9,359 Posts
I didn't get anything but a new pair of house shoes this year.......... freaking layed off ;) But the kids did good so I did good too ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I didn't get anything but a new pair of house shoes this year.......... freaking layed off ;) But the kids did good so I did good too ;)
I know how you feel. I was layed off about 3 months ago, so all my gifts for my friends and family have been stuff that I was able to get with food stamps lol. Back on topic: I got 1000 rds of 7.62x54r ammo. Other than that, no milsurp stuff.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
9,359 Posts
CH, I don't think the invader got to use that one long........ nice find ;)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts