Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 1918A3 BAR from Ohio Ordnance, its is a beautifully made weapon. Although its a closed bolt semi. its as close as I will ever come to owning the real deal.

Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory
Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Gold Bullet member
13,135 Posts
Congrats! That's a rifle that most here would love to own. :thumbsup:

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris

My local dealer knows I collect and he had one ordered for a year or so. The pictures in my first post are of mine.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Congrats, you will love it. The fact that it is semi-auto will not detract much from its firepower. Letting a volley of 30-06 downrange will put a smile on your face I garantee...

I have had one fore several years. I shot mostly m2 surplus ammo from the CMP, the 1918A3 ejects brass violently and beats the cases up. That's normal operation. You can try pad the reciver side if you want to reload, but the brass will take some abuse. The fact the gun fires from a closed bolt makes it exceptionaly accurate. Put the bipod on, lay down in the dirt and blast away. It is just a fantastic fire arm. Enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.