Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend at OGCA called me on his cell to give me a heads up on a Finn. 1915 Imperial Tula..also AZF stamped reciever, AZ stamped barrel shank, Finn stock, nice bore, Finn matched bolt. Early Century import. The metal is very good..but the handguard is from an M91-30..one of the M91 bands is sort of shoved down about 8 inches from the muzzle and the M91-30 band is about 2 inches from the nose cap. I had to cough up some serious change for it...$60. Now for the band and handguard. Also snagged a very nice all matching Romanian M44 for $100...great stock too! Oh..a Lend Lease Victory Model S&W..stamped NOT ENGLISH MAKE.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
69,416 Posts
Coneten you did well. I walked thru the show and did not see anything that I wanted (whether or not I could have afforded it.)

I did see one pistol (collectable) that I purchased in may at the Colorado Gun Collectors show. I had reservaton about it so I put it up for sale at the last NGD and a dealer purchased it off of my table. I did mention te problem I had with it, so he decided to take the chance. Well, he sold it and the current owner had it on his table for 2-1/2 times the price I sold it for.

I do not know wat he paid the dealer for it and did not feel free to ask. Likewise I did not mention the problem that I had with it. I think the current guy may be stuck with it unless he finds someone else to buy it, which he might, considering that many people might not know the difference.

To put it this way, I am not sure - if I had it to do all over again - whether I would have purchased it at the Colorado Gun Collectors show. (I will say that with this particular type of pistol, I have no question concerning the
validity of my problem with the pistol. )

·
Registered
430 Posts
Friend at OGCA called me on his cell to give me a heads up on a Finn. 1915 Imperial Tula..also AZF stamped reciever, AZ stamped barrel shank, Finn stock, nice bore, Finn matched bolt. Early Century import. The metal is very good..but the handguard is from an M91-30..one of the M91 bands is sort of shoved down about 8 inches from the muzzle and the M91-30 band is about 2 inches from the nose cap. I had to cough up some serious change for it...$60. Now for the band and handguard. Oh..a Lend Lease Victory Model S&W..stamped NOT ENGLISH MAKE.
You are welcome on both counts now if you can just find me an affordable 1903 Mannlicher. The Victory is especially nice.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciated the heads up..the Victory revolver is very happy in it's new home...you are going to have some serious trade fodder to add it to your collection. Maybe an all matching K98..almost!

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,628 Posts
I purchased an all-matching 1955 T53 Chinese rifle and a Mauser K98 from the Robert I Landies (OOW) estate sale pile. I guess there was a real feeding frenzy on that collection on Friday and into Saturday. Pretty fair prices for what was offered and a pretty wide selection.
In general I have never observed so many FN49 rifles as in that show. Most have seen 20 of them in various calibers and countries. A fair assortment of older (pre-1930) Mosin Nagant rifles as well.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
That was an impressive line up of milsurps..I almost sprang for the "VZ24" that was actually a Polish Mauser for the Spanish Civil war...$165. I heard the best stuff was gleaned out Friday as well. The FN49 selection was good and the prices seemed to be pretty much in line right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts