Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thanks for the link. This is very interesting to watch, but I see the German documentary film-makers make the same mistakes we do. It was a safe bet that no German soldiers were wearing M42 helmets on June 22, 1941. It's not unusual to see incorrectly dated film clips in any documentary. My favorite is when they show a (supposedly) wartime clip of Hitler wearing a party uniform w/swastika armband rather than his feldgrau tunic w/Wehrmachts arm adler.

·
Silver Bullet Member an all around excellent guy
49,990 Posts
Denny, we have nothing to fear.

No one will ever outdo our very own Battle of the Bulge with the Germans at the end retreating in a friggin' desert instead of snow covered Holland. :D

As far as our documentaries, my favorites are the naval footage from the Pacific Theatre. The same footage from ships (shore bombardment and antiaircraft) is slapped down for every island campaign or naval engagement. But then sometimes a keen eye for detail (M42 helmet recognition..cough..cough ;):D) does nothing more than keep us from being "entertained."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.