Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the Collector's Forum for Mosin Nagent rifles but thought I'd try here also...

Frivilligkorset - Svenska Finlandsfrivilligas minnesförening

The Commemoration Cross

The Cross was made by Sporrong in Stockholm. The Cross was given to all Swedish Volunteers in both the Finnish Winter War and Continuation War. It is a silvery cross with a stylized sprig pattern surrounding the center of the cross. There is an enamel blue-white cockade of the army of Finland in the middle. The ribbon of the cross has two thin, yellow, vertical stripes with a stylized white spruce ornament in the middle. All of the original crosses are numbered.

Thanks to Peppe864 from Wehrmacht-Awards.com

There is an image of the Swedish Commemorative Medal for Swedish Volunteers in the Finnish Winter War in the Orders and Medals Society of America database if you want to take a look.

Does anyone have any more information on this medal: number issued, supporting documentation, etc. I'm not finding much info online.

Thanks,

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dutchman. I haven't received much of a response in either forums on Guboards or in the OMSA forum. Best was what I posted from Peppe864 at Wehrmarcht Awards.com.

There seems to be very little information about the Swedish volunteers in English. Hopefully soon to be released Swedish Volunteers in the Russo-Finnish Winter War, 1939 1940 by Martina Sprague will shed some light on their contribution.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,114 Posts
The topic of Swedish Volunteers serving in Finland in both the Winter and Continuation Wars, is something that interests me very much as well. As you said there is very little information in English about this. I have a small collection of SA/Finnish marked Swedish rifles.
Thanks for the heads up on the book.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.