1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
7,240 Posts
Not off base, off planet....

·
Banned
7,240 Posts
The white bolt is simple to explain...it costs money to re-blue the bolt and after they resurface the bolt flat in order to stamp a new (fake) serial number, it's cheaper to buff polish the bolt rather than re-blue it.

·
Banned
9,193 Posts
Not if its a moon base.

·
Copper Bullet member
543 Posts
Off planet indeed... I'm in the middle of a sniper build which will come out to about that price-- inclusive of the rifle, scope, mount, drill bits, taps and, yes-- even the DRILL PRESS!

·
Silver Bullet member
8,002 Posts
Both ugly but the single "ruin" was (has) terrible metal...They took a page from mitchells advertising to describe these..Notice how they dont show any serial #rs except the original on receiver

·
Copper Bullet member
543 Posts
Quote, Single ruin SS K98 made at Steyr in 1943.

lol
This rifle has had not only the full Mitchell's Mausers treatment, but also had a fake rune struck on it. I would say "single ruin" got it just right.

Equally funny is: "Completely restored to as new condition by Mitchells Mausers. The bore is about good."

So new Mausers were issued with "good" bores?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
YA, this guy is nuts...He sells on g.b. as "jackcounty" and has had numerous over priced questionalble k98's over the years... These gun's either show he has "no clue" or he doesnt care what you think!!! ALot of dealer's are winchester/colt guys and end up dabbling in everything because of the nature of the buisness.. I'm not sure what his deal is but it "aint" k98's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Trolling for impulsive gift buyers is quite the pass time these days. So few make a decent wage or even have a job these days that only well established idiot's can afford costly mistakes. Parts guns with about good bores will be For Sale a long time at the asking price of that piece of a pile. Sunfish

1 - 17 of 17 Posts