Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
105,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently scored a 31.M yesterday for the princely sum of a song and dance. The thing is a conglomeration of interesting features and I'll post about that late, but this shim has thrown me for a loop. I've never seen a shim on an M95 and certainly not up at the front of the stock where this one is located. Can anyone shed some light on it? I am in a rush, so I'll post pics later tonight.

The shim lays in the whole channel of the stock, flush with the front and extends rearward about 1.5 inches. It has two screws affixing it to the channel; one at front in the middle, and the other at the rear.

I don't know what the shim does, but I hope that it isn't contributing to the ungodly clamping power the front band has on the barrel. Wow! I had to hammer the front band off and it would only budge slightly. A long series of taps finally was able to get it off. The has to be the tightest band I've ever encountered of all my Mannlichers.

·
Administrator
12,128 Posts
Many of the Bulgarian refurbed M.95's have a wooden shim at the front band area. However, in case of 31.M the metal shim is a standard feature.

Besides,

·
Premium Member
105,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 3 of 3 Posts