Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
6,209 Posts
These are known but very scarce variant, and supposedly a put together of parts by GIs takiing over the arsenals and it's warehouse soon after the occupation. The serial numbers on these are thought to be random numbers placed just for the purpose of recording as captured souvenir.

·
Gold Bullet member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very neat! Are there any assembly numbers? Perhaps it was used as an arsenal example? The features seem too early to have been leftover parts for post-war assembly.
When I bought the gun, I was told it was an arsenal gun and I had a paper that said a guy who wrote a book on nambus had seen 4 or 5 of these and that ia what it is. I can't recall his name and I misplaced the paper. I'm still looking for it.

·
Gold Bullet member
6,209 Posts
Very neat! Are there any assembly numbers? Perhaps it was used as an arsenal example? The features seem too early to have been leftover parts for post-war assembly.
Yo CW, how are you faring out today ? Got any hangovers this morn ?
T'was a good get together last night, 11 members is a record, and next time could be more..yay !

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
Yo CW, how are you faring out today ? Got any hangovers this morn ?
T'was a good get together last night, 11 members is a record, and next time could be more..yay !
No hangovers! Got home fine minus some cash and a photo but with some nice goodies. Made it there without any difficulties from the men in blue, but I took a long time during negotiations and probably sobered up enough to stay out of trouble.

Making plans for Reno.

·
Gold Bullet member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I bought the gun, I was told it was an arsenal gun and I had a paper that said a guy who wrote a book on nambus had seen 4 or 5 of these and that ia what it is. I can't recall his name and I misplaced the paper. I'm still looking for it.
I found the card were James D. Brown said what he thought this gun is.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.