Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 1934 Tikka M27 on sunday, today I disassembled it for cleaning and sone restauration(bubba messed with the sights and Trigger).
Then I found that:

Filled in lightening cuts, stock made of wallnut, AV3 stamped, Ski trooper Stock, 360° backswivel(never had the slot), front side swivel.

Will take some more pics this week.

Chris

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Agreed. I was addressing the technique/procedure as to how it would strengthen a hollowed out stock. I have a couple of them around here that were originally M91 stocks and that were reinforced and shortened for another application - M30 or another Finnish rifle of some stripe. DDR

·
Gold Bullet member
4,947 Posts
Dudley I think you are on to something in that I have an M91 that has woodwork like that done to it. Next week after I get caught up maybe some night I will try to find it. I think I looked at it when I tore down the rifle and thought of something along the the lines of a stepped barrel stock not completed and then shifted to a regular M91? Been a few years since I got that one and to be truthful I think I just blew it off and went to the next project! Whoops! Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts