Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,393 Posts
From what I remember it's a form of A.P. I will try and find the article which covered these rounds.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Looks like an Arcane round. I'm willing to bet the French sold the design to Iraq. It is an 'enhanced penetration' round.

·
Silver Bullet member
34,258 Posts
Wow, I actually know this one!

I remember reading in a professional military trade publication back in the late 1980s, that one of the problems with the 9x19 round is that it could be handily deflected by an angled windshield. The above round was designed to overcome this problem and penetrate auto glass no matter the angle

·
Copper Bullet member
9,464 Posts
It is a derivative of the French THV (Tres Haute Vitesse) or Very High Speed round that was developed to penetrate body armor. It is possible that the Iraqis got the design, or projectiles, from the French, but apparently a Yugoslav/Serbian company also copied the design. Iraq could have gotten them from either source. A detailed comparison of projos from all three sources might give you the answer. French variations are fairly common and Iraqi ones have appeared, but I don't know anyone with a confirmed Yugoslav example. Your Iraqi round is dated 1986.
Got any extras, Jeremy?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts