Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted this in two other places as well. Wasn't sure if this went to a machine gun, rifle, or G43. It may not go to any of the above and may be an equipment sling, not sure. If anyone has a clue as to what this is please let me know.
thanks,
BARQS19

·
Silver Bullet member
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention the code is gee/41 WaA 918

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
No idea what it is, but it isn't a WW 2 German weapons sling.
Sarge

·
Registered
381 Posts
Well it has what looks like a waffen acceptence stamp so I would say it is WWII, that being said I don't recognize it. I have a book of stamp numbers if I can find it I will post who made it

·
Silver Bullet member
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got the same list, it doesn't mention WaA 918. Every now and then you'll find a WaA that isn't in that list. I wonder who made that up?
BARQS19

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
WaA918 has 2 different listings:
-Gebrüder Klinge, Lederwaren-Fabrik, Anton-Weckstr. 2-6, Dresden-Löbtau, Sachsen (gxy): (1942)
-Hans Römer, Fabrik für Heeresausrüstung, Neu-Ulm, Donau, Bayern (bml): (1941-42).

gee is: Sohn, Heinrich, Heerresausrüstung u. Sportartikelfabrik, Neu-Ulm a.D.

As you can see the code & WaA do not match.
Sarge

·
Silver Bullet member
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sometimes you'll find one not on the list. I've found WaA on rifle parts before not on the list. Would like to know where this list even came from. Someone should have credit for doing all that research...

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I've seen this WaA list credited to someone, but don't remember who.
I have also found WaAs that are not on the list and I have found several on the list that seem to be incorekt.
For example it shows 823 as being at Radom from about 41 into 44, but I've never heard of anything with that WaA on it. Possible that Radom was making other - non firearms related -items and it is on those???
Have seen 1 photo of a Radom pistol with what looks like an Eagle 823 on it, But it was a late war phosfate variant that I believe also has the E77 proofs on the slide & frame. The 823 is on the trigger guard and I believe it is a mistamped 623 because of the vairant of the pistol. Seems that I've read that All the phosfate ones were done at Steyr in 45. This one is also missing either the safety or decocking lever on the frame - another 45 feature?
Sarge

1 - 9 of 9 Posts