Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone familiar with this particular rear sight that is on a 1896 LE BSA magazine loaded Lee Enfield. I can't find anything that matches this particular sight. The gun came from Canada with Canadian Regimental markings so maybe it is something Canada specific??? Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info... I can't seem to find anything anywhere on Reardon sights. Do you have any more info or pictures of them?? I'd like to find out if it is indeed missing the lock knob from the left side.

Thanks...

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
This is an early Reardon removed from the sight arm.
There were three distinct modifications to the slide lock located on the left side, the 1st was integral with the slide, having notches cut on the inside of the arm, the lock knob released the internal catch to allow the slide to be elevated freely to the desired range, fine adjustment was added by use of the vertical knob on the right side.
The right knob was for windage adjustment.
The 2nd modification did away with the need for a replacement notched sight arm, allowing the service arm to be used, the left knob applied spring pressure to ensure resistance against the slide, a half turn of the left knob allowed the slide to move freely up the arm.
The 3rd modification was a simple screw, tightening against the outside of the arm when needed to lock the slide in position. This is the more common and is often missing, as in your case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.