Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back 45 - 50 years ago there was a kid my brother and I went to school with and played army with in our neighborhood. Our Dads were both WW2 veterans and had brought back some trophys like German medals, flags and helmets. Through several poor trades on his part I ended up with the bulk of what he had that his Dad had given him. Guess I should feel guilty about trading plastic model kits and the like for that stuff. Below is a pic of one of the medals that I traded the repairs of a plastic Statue of Liberty kit that he had botched. I fixed it and got this for my trouble. Iron crosses for LP records and on and on. I think that this is a Observers Badge. Any idea of the value of this. Someone repaired the pin hook on the back but is supposed to be as taken from the German according to this kids Dad.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting take CharlesW. Were they faking this stuff back in the early 60's when I got it? Also got a couple iron crosses, two helmets, a field cap and a flag from this kid. I have also posted this a couple other places. Be interesting to see what they say as well. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the real deal. The kid I got them from still lives in my home town. Not to long ago he remarked to my brother that all that German stuff his Dad brought back from WW2 and he traded to me was worth quite a lot now and that he should have kept it.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Yeah, I am going with good on this one too...detail is very good on the front, nice details on the feathers, something you would not see on a fake, plus it is two piece, with the eagle riveted on...again, not something you see on fakes (except for the new very well done ones).

I don't think this would be a fake if it was indeed obtained in the 60's.

I could very well be wrong, I am by no means an expert on badges, in fact I stay away from them because of so many good fakes....but this one looks good to me...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.