Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
So, what do you propose the U.S. do????
It's not a U.S. thing this is Obama. He is under pressure to please anti-gun groups who want him to do something about semi-auto firearms being imported into the U.S. This is more gun control aimed at the American consumer of Russian firearms. Clinton pulled this same trick in 1994 when he cut off all importation of Chinese arms and ammo.

It looks like the ban includes at least some Russian made small arms ammo. I have seen the banned company name on Russia ammo I have purchased.

·
Registered
17,634 Posts
it makes more sense that is political sanctions based on the situation in Ukraine. If this was a target anti-gun campaign to please the lobbyist than why not target the 100% american made AKs being made in this country? Or from Yugoslavia, Romania, Bulgaria?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
it makes more sense that is political sanctions based on the situation in Ukraine. If this was a target anti-gun campaign to please the lobbyist than why not target the 100% american made AKs being made in this country? Or from Yugoslavia, Romania, Bulgaria?
It would take an act of Congress to ban American made AK's. When Clinton banned imports from China he could have done it to Russia at that same time, but he would wait a year to block imports of SKS, SVT etc. via a trade agreement ban. You do it piece by piece it is like slowing turning the heat up on the frog in the pot.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
Does anyone really think that the seizure of a few rifles from Saiga (Kalashnikov) and the banning of their importation will break the back of Russian enterprise, while they do 400 billion Euros of energy sales to Europe every year?
This is just more Obama attempts to hit US gun owners.
Why not ban Stoli and Russian Standard vodka, available at every supermarket? Vastly larger US imports and bucks there, or force Europe to cut off Russian natural gas by an embargo on every European country that buys Russian energy? No support for that from France and Germany, Mr. President?
(My wife's parents and my nephew are residents of Crimea and they are very happy to be back as a part of Russia, so maybe I'm a bad one to ask for opinions.)

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I don't agree with anything our current governmenet lies about and does, not after everything to include anti gunning, the current border invasion, and their incompetence, the "slap to the face to we veterans by the Veterans Administration which was supposed to mean veterans advocate and not veterans' adversary", and the humongous list of other major faults and actions. I mean, I am a patriotic american and against russian aggression as well, but our government actions, ha, I mean, there aint no use in trying to talk about it anymore, it seems about as same as probably what the pre ww2 germans were talking about privately about the Hitler/nazi administration when they talked and it got them decimation and defeat and death, it seems pretty much useless.

So, I suppose there won't be anymore russian 7.62x39 ammo available and such. Oh well, its surprising they haven't penned a edict of turning over all guns and come knocking on everyones's doors right along with banning opposition parties and making an edict to eliminate term limits for presidents/senators/representatives/judges who are liberal, errrrr, well, in a few years all the illegal aliens coming in will be wearing a badge and machine guns, then they will be lookingfor the stragglers who are "opposed" to them, it will be called arresting criminals and hate groups with terrorist ideas and illegal weapons, I mean, it could happen now nad most of the news organizations would be reporting it as such. Maybe by that time I won't give a damn, I'll be on stronger pain meds for my military injuries, older, and maybe watching cartoons, errr, or maybe I'll get arrested as a dissenter and I'll be all doped up ala soviet union style and deemed a ptsd mentally ill war veteran and I'll be doped up in a facility somewhere and watching cartoons, and all I got to say is I hope they are the good vintage cartoons like popeye, tom and jerry, scooby doo, the flintstones, the jetsons, etc, just all the cartoons made before 1983, and knowing the flunkies who are running things now and in the future, they likely will show nothing but the old stuff thinking it is cheap and free with no copywrites. Yup, I'm ready for a thorazine drip in the future united states.

·
Registered
472 Posts
(My wife's parents and my nephew are residents of Crimea and they are very happy to be back as a part of Russia, so maybe I'm a bad one to ask for opinions.)
I have friends in Crimea who feel the exact opposite.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,239 Posts

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Let the panic buying begin! Nearly 300 innocents killed with the shoot down of a commercial jet by Russian armed rebels. What do you think is going to happen???

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
My wife's parents are in Russia with family in Ukraine and Crimea and they all tell a different story than mainstream media, for one they are happy to be back with Russia and getting a pension.
Glad they like their pension. Hope it is worth their freedom. A wide variety of sources are saying the bloom is off the Russian take over particularly the effects on private business.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.