Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Wouldn't worry about it for a number of reasons.

First of all, I think a lot of people are going to be sick of Obama about a year and a half from now, if not sooner. I think this is going to be a short honeymoon.

Whatever's wrong with our economy, he's not the cure. They'll criticize everything that worked in the past as "trickle down" and throw money into a lot of public works projects that have nothing to do with why we're in this mess. Public works projects that might make sense, like a bunch of new nuclear reactors, will give way to music halls, light rail trams for cities, museums, and the occasional highway bridge.

The predators around the world will sense blood in the water and test his resolve. A guy saturated with 1980s campus-radical notions probably isn't going to pass that test.

In short, liberals think they've spent the last 8 years staring fascism in the face. They haven't seen anything yet. Nothing even remotely close. They will, but for most of them it will be okay because it will be "their fascism".

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Wouldn't worry about it for a number of reasons.

First of all, I think a lot of people are going to be sick of Obama about a year and a half from now, if not sooner. I think this is going to be a short honeymoon.

Whatever's wrong with our economy, he's not the cure. They'll criticize everything that worked in the past as "trickle down" and throw money into a lot of public works projects that have nothing to do with why we're in this mess. Public works projects that might make sense, like a bunch of new nuclear reactors, will give way to music halls, light rail trams for cities, museums, and the occasional highway bridge.

The predators around the world will sense blood in the water and test his resolve. A guy saturated with 1980s campus-radical notions probably isn't going to pass that test.

In short, liberals think they've spent the last 8 years staring fascism in the face. They haven't seen anything yet. Nothing even remotely close. They will, but for most of them it will be okay because it will be "their fascism".

Look for Pres. Hussein's mantra to quickly become "We inherited this from the previous administration."

·
Silver Bullet member
36,239 Posts
You guys seen this one yet one of the dem congressmen wants to abolish the 22 amendment so the chosen one can run for a third term:(
Even the US Congress has its Mauserboys.

·
Copper Bullet member
4,850 Posts
The Obamanation Coronation ... king for life!
At least that seems to be what they have in mind for the mindless puppet.

TG for Netflix so I won't have to watch the drivel.

·
Banned
540 Posts
I say we alter it so we can elect Arnold as our next President.:D

·
Banned
540 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
if it does happen can you say revolution????

·
Platinum Bullet Member
41,381 Posts
I say we alter it so we can elect Arnold as our next President.:D
We already tried nominating a moderate center-right candidate for Pres. Look what it got us, 4 years(at least) of Obama. Has the recent election NOT taught you anything? Arnold is even more moderate than McCain.

Republicans will never win elections by becoming more like Democrats. Nor will they make good leaders even if they DO win.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
41,381 Posts
I read somewhere this same guy proposed this 4 years ago too. Wanted to nominate Bill again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If history is any indication Obama's approval rating will be at it's highest upon taking the oath. Shortly there after it will head south. If he accomplishes anything it might still be high enough to get reelected. Then continue it southern descent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.