Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Unless he can find an isolated, well secured area of the US to house terrorists, he shouldn't close it down.

I've got no problem with sticking battlefield-pickup terrorists in Guantanmo, but the prison can be used to house "non-combatants". Since the President, under the Military Commissions Act of 2006, can now declare anyone he wants an enemy combatant, I find this to be quite a catch-22.
In light of the fact that our enemies are often times terrorists and don't wear a uniform or fight on a traditional battlefield, that's a good Act to have.

In the past, they could have just been shot on the spot as spies.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
A certain number of the persecuted will indeed receive asylum in Europe. We have to help the recovering USA now, haven't we.

Carcano
Carcano,
Care to name the European countries?

The reason I ask is that about two days ago CNN carried a story in which no other countries were wanting to keep the detainees.

By any chance, can Europe re-open the concentration camps with which they so efficiently exterminated so many millions of people not that long ago?

I'm sure any number of the upstanding members of European society were guards and employees there, and could pass along some hints.

After all, when it comes to genocide, medical experiments, and torture, nobody does it better than our European friends.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.