Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
103,468 Posts
Actually, he had a MOTION filed requesting that the tribunals suspend trials for 180 days while his legal folks review the situation and (if necessary) seek new legislation.

Don't know about an EO closing Gitmo, will have to look into that.

·
103,468 Posts
No EO closing Gitmo, it appears. Not yet anyhow. Only a draft, that may or may not be signed, and if so, may or may not be (I'd guess "not be") in the form somebody leaked to Reuters.

If it were up to me, I'd release the detainees. All of them. Unconditionally. Coordinates of release point: 10000 meters altitude at the point the Prime Meridian intersects the Equator. Parachutes would not be provided, not PFDs. Up to them to figure out how to get from the release coordinates to the place they want to establish permanent domicile.

·
103,468 Posts
Well, as for the Uigers - ask them where they'd like to go (any location OTHER than the USA) and deliver them. If they need papers, I'm sure the CIA Clandestine Services can gen some up. If they need covert transport, i'm sure that can be arranged as well. If they aren't a danger to the US and have no beef with us, make arrangements for them to disappear into the woodwork of a chosen location. And don't worry about whether the local government wants them or not. Just get tehm there quietly with good-looking papers and don't talk about it.

But it would be easier to load them up with the rest and make the release at the location suggested above, and let them take care of themselves thereafter. One C-17 mission would do it...

·
103,468 Posts
To tell the truth, given the attitude "the world" seems to be showing - I find I don't much give a flip that it is "horrible news for the world". Indeed, at the moment I would probably find myself not too upset about trouble coming to at least some parts of the world - Fwance has been having much grief from its resident RIFs, and I have to say my only reaction is "Serves you right". But I think it is also real bad news for the USA and that does bother me.

·
103,468 Posts
I have the solution to the problem. Send them down to Phoenix and let Uncle Joe teach them what being confined is really like. Their Gitmo vacation will be over and they will never want to screw with the USA again when Joe gets through with them.

Nah - send them to Texas and we'll put them on Eastham Farm. Or maybe Louisiana for a stretch in Angola. They'll probably enjoy the attentions of the bull queers...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.